Chapter 22- On My Way

When I woke up I was sore and still sleepy, sun light filtered through the closed curtains and I heard soft snores coming from behind me. Shifting I turned and saw a sleeping Magnus, his arm was thrown across my waist and his lips were slightly parted. His eye make-up was smudged and his hair was tangled and messy. I reached forwards and began running my fingers through it, detangling it and fixing it for him.

"Do you want to count again?" Magnus's sleep filled voice caused me to look at him as his golden eyes flickered open and he stared at me.

"They should be getting here anytime and we need to check on Luke." I said as I sat up, not bothering to cover myself.

"I'm," He was cut off by the sound of Jace shouting my name and the slamming of the apartment door. I frowned as I recalled Magnus saying the rooms were sound proof, just as I realized that in our sleep we had allowed sounds to filter through, his bedroom door was flung open and Jace strolled through. Jace and I both froze, our eyes widening and lips parting as we both shrieked, he slapped his hands over his eyes and I yanked the sheets up to my chin. We both continued to scream incoherently and Magnus lay next to me howling with laughter.

"What's wrong?" Clary's voice sounded before she appeared next to a still screaming Jace. My cheeks burned and I covered my face with my free hand as I heard her join Magnus in his laughter.

"We'll give you guys a chance to get dressed." Clary trailed off as I heard her and Jace leave, the door slamming shut after them.

"Oh god, I'll never live this down," I moaned as I peeked through my fingertips before flopping backwards, my head bouncing on the pillow.

"Oh, it's been a long time since I laughed like that." Magnus sighed as he turned and propped his head up with is hand, staring down at me with a grin.

"I'm going to die." I moaned as I stared up at him, the tiredness and soreness leaving me as our eyes met and I saw the humor in all of this.

"You'll be fine." He assured me as he kissed the tip of my nose before pushing the sheets off and standing. I turned and also rolled off of the bed, and created a portal and entered it, going straight to my room.

"Oh my god!" Clary shouted as I entered my room, the portal closing behind me. I shouted in shock, my cheeks burning once more as she turned towards my bathroom door.

"I'm sorry! Jace wanted me to bring you clothes because we have to talk, I'll just tell him you're getting dressed." She said as she turned and left my room. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I headed towards my dresser and pulled out clean and matching underwear before pulling them on and heading to my closet to get dressed as quickly as I could.

"It's in the lock up at the station," Luke's voice filled my ears as I entered the living room. Magnus was sitting at the bar, sipping on a martini; he was also fully dressed with his make-up and hair fixed and styled to perfection. I joined him at the bar, taking note of how healthy Luke looked sitting on the sofa with Clary pacing back and forth with Jace leaning against the wall.

"What is?" I questioned as I sat on a stool and used my magic to conjure a cup of peppermint tea.

"The Mortal Cup! My mom hid it in her deck of tarot cards! I can't believe it's been right in front of us all this time," Clary muttered the last part as she carried on pacing.

"How did it end up at the station?" I questioned as I sipped on my tea, Luke stood and pulled on a jacket I hadn't noticed he had.

"I locked up a few things that I salvaged from the fire; we can head on over if you want." Luke offered as Jace joined them in the center, shaking his head.