Chapter 12- Rave Trouble

"Jace made a call to you wanting to exchange Clary's memories for the necklace that you gave to Camille a long time ago. But you don't have Clary's memories and you plan on taking the necklace and offering Clary a safe haven with us."

I repeated as I sat on Magnus's lap near the back of the club. He nodded in confirmation and I frowned. 

"I'm not sure she'll come with us, she seems to trust Jace in a way that is," I trailed off as I thought about the longing looks Clary and Jace seemed to share when they thought no one was looking. 

"I'm sure it'll work out, are you worried? About seeing them since your fight with Jace and just leaving." Magnus commented as he sipped on his drink. It seemed like he was always drinking wine and I realized, very quickly, he wasn't even drunk. 

I sighed and allowed my eyes to wander the mass of bodies dancing around and being pressed tightly against one another. They acted as if a war wasn't brewing and I wondered if they even cared. Did downworlders care if the world ended or did they simply party and drink until they could no longer move? 

"I'll be back." I spoke as I stood from his lap and gave him a reassured smile. He simply waved me off as he sipped on his drink. 

"I trust you!" He called and I smiled softly, it was weird hearing a downworlder say they trusted me and they meant it. 

However I was a downworlder now and in an odd sense I trusted them far quicker than I trusted other shadowhunters; a fact I didn't want to dwell on because I felt slightly ashamed. I weaved my way through the crowd before reaching the back door and pushing it open and entered the cool air. 

The door clanged loudly behind me and I let out a sigh, I hated large groups, it left me with an uneasy feeling, not knowing if I would be attacked or not. I tucked my hands into my pockets as I jumped to the rooftop and looked downwards. There was a large line, reaching another building entirely. 

However the line wasn't what caught my eye, standing in line was my brother and Clary. They stood closely together and seemed to be whispering to one another. Clary was dressed in what I knew Izzy had forced her into, I didn't see Clary as the type to wear such a tight fitting dress, though she did look good. 

I walked towards the edge and leaned over watching as Izzy and Alec joined them. Izzy was dressed in the same red dress I had seen before I left and even Alec looked like he was wearing a nice shirt. I knew Alec and Izzy wouldn't have let Jace and Clary attend the meeting alone. 

I stared at Jace as he grinned at Clary, no doubt making a poor joke or a comment that was about himself. He seemed not at all fazed by our fight and didn't appear as if I wasn't even gone. Clary was looking ahead at the crowd and seemed nervous as she spoke to Jace.

Izzy looked upset and was muttering as she hooked her arm with Clary only to grin seconds later. She didn't look affected by my leaving either and it hurt just as much as seeing how Jace acted. However what hurt the most was the void look Alec had. His arms were tightly pressed against his chest as his jaw was straight and a dark look was in his blue eyes.

 He seemed angry as if the slightest thing could set him off a look he only had when Jace, Izzy and I, and often Max, done something to really make him angry; which was hardly ever. I wondered if it was because I had left without telling him or maybe Jace had told him my lie? 

Or maybe it wasn't me at all, he didn't seem to trust or like Clary and he hated raves as much as I did, that must have been it; he just didn't want to be there. They grew closer to front and I noticed they all began to slightly panic and I realized they didn't know if they would be accepted into the club.