Chapter 4- Pandemonium

{This chapter has been edited.}

"Blonde or Blue?" The question caused me to raise my eyebrow followed by a soft sigh.

Standing in front of her floor length mirror and dressed in a tight all white outfit was Izzy. Peering at herself she pouted as she lifted the white wig before lifting the blue wig. She had been debating between the wigs for nearly thirty minutes. Only now did she decided to ask for my opinion.

"I think you mean white." I pointed out, motioning to the white short haired wig she was more focused on. She scoffed and gave me a narrow look through the mirror.

"Have you not be listening to our sessions? Am I talking to a wall or Jarolyn?" She inquired, pursing her lips and frowning. I rolled my eyes as I stood from the only clean spot on her bed.

"I usually just fall asleep." I admitted, earning a loud huff as she tossed the blue wig next to me before pulling on the white one. Once it was in place she yanked me in front of the mirror only to slap my arm.

"It's platinum blonde. Angels in heaven, Jace knows the difference." She corrected before muttering at how hopeless it was to even try and convince me otherwise. I simply shook my head and picked up her black coat and held it out for her.

"Jace knows because he's been with enough to know all shades of blonde." I replied, watching as she took the coat and tugged it on. Once the coat was on, I turned and headed towards her open bedroom door.

"So which is it?" She questioned just as I stood in the doorway. "Eager to go out or to see Alec?"

"Funny," I sighed, shaking my head as I glanced back at her. "Alec hates when we're late, your brother isn't a patient person." 

I reminded her, though I was only half correct. Alec was patient when it came to missions, training or helping others. Outside of those three things, he was horrible when it came to waiting.

"Please, he's always patient when it comes to you." She scoffed, turning fully around just as I saw him walk up in the mirror. "Speak of the devil." She teased.

"You're both late." Alec spoke, standing in the hallway and looking above me and frowning at Izzy. I turned back around, my nose just barely brushing the fabric of his shirt.

"We were just leaving." I explained, stepping back into the room and smiling up at him. He glanced down at me, his eyes raking over my outfit. I hadn't bothered to change with the exception being my cardigan had been replaced by one of Jace's leather jackets.

"Are you ready to go?" He questioned, moving back and allowing Izzy and I to leave her room. I nodded just as Izzy began asking him what he thought about her outfit.

"What's with the white wig?" Alec finally questioned, sighing loudly and causing Izzy to sigh as well.

"It's, oh forget it. Demon's dig blondes." Izzy spoke in a defeated tone, glaring slightly at me as I giggled softly. It felt good to know that I wasn't the only one who thought it was white.

"You two are horrible." Izzy groaned as we made our way towards the Center. Izzy and Alec soon walking slightly ahead as I fell back to watch them interact.

I could easily remember when we were children, Izzy always trailed after Alec. If you asked who she wanted to be like, she would always shout his name and go on and on about how Alec was amazing.