Extended Summary

{A/N}
All rights go to their respective owners, The Mortal Instruments original world belongs to Cassandra Clare. The world from the show belongs to Freeform. Jarolyn and her story arc belong to me. This story follows the show for the first season, not close but close enough for me to say this.

Upon this story being completed, and taking a good amount of time from it, I've returned to edit. Please keep in mind I am in no way a professional at editing and there will still be mistakes. (I strongly suggest reading the edited chapters as they are updated as changes are being made that will appear in the sequel)
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read this story and even re-read it the amount of times some of you have. Your comments have inspired me to carry on writing on Wattpad and to even come back and make this book (Seeing as it's my first on here) better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can not have light without darkness, hope without despair and happiness without sorrow. Jace and Jarolyn Wayland are fraternal twins and much like their appearances, are opposites in their beliefs and actions. Jarolyn is the light and Jace is the darkness. Jarolyn is hopeful and Jace is full of silent despair.

Jace is happy, content with the life he has been given while Jarolyn is sorrowful towards the things she can not change. The twins love one another despite being opposites and have vowed to always be there for the other; never letting the darkness overcome their bond.

Jarolyn is the youngest fraternal twin. She is the healer of their small team as well as the informant, taking to looking up information rather than fighting. For all intents and purposes Jarolyn is both a key asset and a great friend. She is known to never to always smile and remain optimistic. She has a great relationship with everyone, some closer than others.

Upon meeting Clary Fray a door is opened in Jarolyn. A door she long believed she had closed. Soon the search for Jocelyn Fairchild and the mortal cup takes up their time, resulting in changes to begin within the twins. Jarolyn soon finds that everything she knew is wrong. Jace finds everything he pushed down comes back in ten-fold.

There are monsters out there, far stronger and far more ruthless than any demon Jarolyn has faced. With her twin focusing solely on the new Shadowhunter, will Jarolyn face these monsters on her own? Or will she fall to the darkness that seems to loom over the lives of nephilims.