Chapter 17- Sibling Bond

The air was muggy and thick, cars honking their horns and people talking loudly, running and screaming filled my ears. I had tried to take the train but it had proven to be confining which I found every passing car caused me to shiver at the mere thought of being trapped in one. 

It was strange how just yesterday I didn't mind cars or trains but now the transportations left me feeling uneasy. Walking was much more comforting, even though I was hidden from the mundanes I still found that walking alongside them was much more calming, another notable change in me. 

I seemed that since my magic was awakened I felt far calmer than I did and I could feel vibrations and see and feel all manners of magic and auras. It was easy to differentiate between the two and with every shift of the earth I found myself smiling at a new tree growing or frowning as I felt the death of an animal; it was all so strange but at the same time I found  I loved the feeling. 

I finally reached the Institute and for once I allowed myself to see the different spells and magic that surrounded, protected and hid the Institute, the magic that came from the building was slightly overwhelming and I could see why Downworlders would be almost frightened to try and enter the building. 

I stood on the sidewalk, knowing that I wouldn't enter the camera's range until I was on the stairs leading to the front door. I debated on if I should go in through the front or sneak into the back. However I realized that I didn't have to do either, instead I turned and went around the corner from the Institute. 

I rolled my shoulders and relaxed as I lifted my hands, green sparks coming from my fingertips as the green light flowed from my hands, I moved my hands in an oval shape and expanded watching as a portal appeared. 

I smiled as I heard Magnus congratulate me and I stepped through, keeping in mind what Jace's room looked like. In a second I was standing in Jace's room. Jace himself was just pulling a shirt on when I cleared my throat, rocking on my heels as I gave him a warm smile when he spun around. 

"Jarolyn!" He shouted as he finished pulling his shirt on and ran and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back just as tightly, happy to know that he and I were no longer on bad terms. 

"A portal? Taking the warlock news well, I see." He said as he let me go and backed up, taking in my appearance. His golden eyes met my seafoam cat eyes and he grinned, catching me slightly off guard.

"I always knew you were different, I guess I was just worried that what made you different would take you from me. I'm sorry Jarolyn, for the way I acted I'm your big brother, I shouldn't treat you so badly, not when we're all we have." 

He spoke in a sincere tone as he gave me a sad smile; he must have been really beating himself up over what had happened. I smiled and patted his shoulder as I laid on his bed, placing my hands on my stomach as I stared at the  ceiling. I felt Jace lay next to me and without looking I knew he had mimicked my position.

"We are family, regardless of what I am or what anyone says, you're my brother, my twin and I promise Jace, nothing will change that, all's forgiven." I spoke in a light tone as I turned and seen he was already staring at me.

"So is that the only new thing about you, you have cat eyes? Pretty lame if you ask me." He joked and I rolled my eyes.

"What would you prefer? Green skin and a tail?" I sassed as I stuck my tongue out at him. He nodded with a serious look before shaking his head as he frowned.

"No offence but I don't want my twin being green, kills the whole, J-twins being hot thing." He replied and I smiled, still thankful that he considered us the J-Twins. It was nice, to know that at least he knew the truth and was fine with everything, almost everything.