Chapter 36: Flash Back (Isla)

It happened so quickly. It was out of my control. At first, I just thought I'd peed myself. I was dancing around the kitchen, predictably, in my night-time gown while Jason was taking a shower. I rubbed my heavily pregnant belly while I skipped around the kitchen with the radio blasting. I was singing along, happy and content. I was in the middle of pouring myself a tea, when I felt a strange sensation occur down there. I held my bladder for a moment because I was convinced I was just peeing myself, it sometimes happened.

But it didn't stop.

The sack of water hit the floor in a giant bubble, splashing across the glossy tiles. And I held my stomach as a sting kicked in. 

"Oh," I gasped, staring at the water. "Jason!"

I waddled through the house, trying to run, but that just made it worse. My hand found the bottom of the staircase and I screamed up the stairs.

"Jason!"

"What!"

"My water's broke!"

"There's still hot water, I haven't used it all!" he yelled back, having completely misheard me.

"My water has broke!" I tried again.

"The water's cold?" he yelled. "It's hot up here."

Oh for God sake.

"Get down here!"

"I can't hear you, talk to me later!"

My voice came out the loudest I had ever screamed. "Jason Tucker, get your fucking backside down these stairs now!"

That got his attention, I heard the shower turn off and Jason emerged at the top of the landing with a towel wrapped around his waist. 

"What is it?"

I leaned across the barrister, taking breaths. "They're coming."

"They're coming?" he screeched. "Like, right now?"

"Do you want me to draw you a damn picture? They're coming!"

"Okay, okay," he paced up and down the landing frantically with his hands on his head. "Okay."

"I'm sorry for yelling." I said. 

He kept pacing, unsure which door to go in. 

"Jason!"

He paused, staring at me. "What do I do?"

"Hospital bag. Phone. Car keys. And for goodness sake, put some clothes on."

"In that order?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes, turning to waddle to the lounge. "Oh my God, I need my mother."

"Two minutes," he shouted, repeating my list over and over again.

I laughed to myself, placing myself on my couch. I rubbed my head, bracing myself for what's coming. I had read all the books, been to all the classes, had full-blown details thrown at me from complete strangers that almost made me want to punch Jason in the face for ever having sex with me. I knew it was going to be messy, awkward, painful and unexpected, but it's not for nothing. It's to have our beautiful babies, our family. It would make us complete - whole. It would make us plunge into a surprise adventure together.

Jason appeared a few minutes later, fully clothed, with the hospital bag hanging from his fingertips. "Okay, I'm set. Are you ready? Oh, shit, I forgot to get you underwear."

"I'm not going to need underwear." I stared at him.

"Oh, right," he gulped. "Hair brush? Pajamas?"

Convincing You I'm Meजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें