Ch. 12 Love & Sex

The next morning, I woke insanely early. I was laying beside Reed. I needed to go. I needed a shower and to change clothes, because I had court that morning. Carefully, I got out of bed and dressed. I went over to him.

"Reed?"

"Hmm..?" he hummed, still mostly asleep.

"I have to run home."

"No, stay with me," he croaked, reaching out for me.

I took his hand. "I have to go get ready. I'll see you in court, okay?"

"Kiss."

I gave him a sweet kiss and pulled back. "I love you."

"I love you," he sleepily smiled.

"Go back to sleep."

"Okay."

I smiled and left the room. I carried my heels until I got outside, then I put them on. I made my way home and went inside.

Jen was sitting at the dining room table. She and Dad jumped up.

"Where have you been?" she gasped.

"I went out."

"I know and you didn't call," she spoke. "Where were you?"

"I went for a drink and Reed's firm was there. After a couple drinks, I left. You had that guy over, so I went to his place. He came home and we went to bed."

"Wait. Reed?" she asked.

"Yeah."

"Robinson? The guy you won't talk about? Who you stopped seeing?"

"Yeah, he's Dad's lawyer, so I saw him yesterday. Long story short, we're back to normal. I love him, he loves me. We're both very happy and I need a shower, because I smell like alcohol."

"You love him and he loves you?" she balked.

"We'll talk later. I have court soon."

"Yeah, sure."

I went upstairs and stripped. I jumped in the shower. I let the hot water hit me for a few minutes. When I finished washing up, I got out and dried off. I dried and curled my hair, then I went to my room and dressed in a black skirt and white blouse. I did my makeup and slipped my heels and jacket on. Then, I went downstairs.

Dad was waiting, ready for court. He handed me a coffee.

We left.

When we got to the courthouse, we went to my office.

I changed into my robe. "Are you going to be okay in court?" I asked.

He nodded. "I'll be fine. What happened between you and Reed last night?"

"Nothing. Seriously, nothing. Evan grabbed me at the bar and Reed got really angry."

"Good. I'm glad someone is looking out for you when I'm not there to do so."

I smiled.

"I better get to court. Lunch again?"

I nodded.

He smiled and left the room.

I took a drink of coffee.

Andy got me for court.

The day was going by slowly. The trial was insanely slow. I hated being in front of everyone, because I was really bored. Seriously, painfully bored. I started doodling on a piece of paper I had.

When the trial was over, I went to my chambers and took my robe off. Then, I sat and read through a couple case files.

There was a knock on the door.