Ch. 16 Birthday

The next morning, I woke early.

Reed was asleep. He was on his stomach with one of his arms under his pillow. The arm that was around me had fallen right beside me.

I carefully got out of bed. I went over to the window nook and covered in a throw. I rested back against the shelf and looked out the window.

I could see the start hitting the shore on the other side of the trees. The sun was rising. I watched as the sky went from black to purple to pink to orange to a yellow gold. It was a beautiful view.

I ran a hand through my hair. My mind was racing. I gripped the throw around me, taking a deep breath. I really, really loved Reed. That might have been why I was in so much pain, why the day before had bothered me so much. I loved him. I needed to trust him. I just didn't know how to do it. I'd put my guard up for so long, I didn't know how to let it down, not anymore.

"Georgia?"

"Yeah?" I asked, not turning from the window.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just used to getting up early. I didn't want to wake you."

"Come back to bed," he spoke in a groggy morning voice.

I turned to him. "I'm not very tired."

"Who said it was for sleep?" he smirked.

I got up and went over to him. I crawled back in bed. I turned to him.

He smiled and put a hand to my hip. "Good morning."

"Good morning," I spoke, running a hand through his hair.

"Happy birthday," he smiled.

"Thank you," I smiled.

He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me into his chest. "What do you want to do today?"

I shrugged. "I don't care."

"You don't?"

I shook my head. "I just want to relax."

"Okay," he smiled.

I turned over on my back and took a breath.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

He kissed my cheek and smiled, "Okay, well, I'm going downstairs. I'll be back. Don't move, okay?"

"But-"

He gave me a sweet kiss and smiled, "Don't move."

"Okay."

He smiled and left the room.

I laid in bed for a few minutes. I was insanely restless.

My phone buzzed.

I sighed and answered, "Hello?"

"Hey, Birthday Girl," Jen squealed.

"Hey," I smiled.