Ch. 54 Crisis

We spent the next few days blissfully together. We spent most of the time entangled with each other. We rarely left our bed.

It was nice to have alone time, time to enjoy us. It was relaxing, because during our time together, we didn't have to worry about anything or anyone--just us. It was all about us.

Reed was gentle and loving. He poured his love out for me, taking care of me. He rarely left my side. He'd do little affectionate thing like making me coffee or meals. He'd give me massages and make love to me afterwards. He was so sweet. I didn't know what I'd done to deserve him, but I was grateful for him. I didn't know where I'd be without him.

When Monday morning came around, I groaned.

"What?" Reed spoke with a groggy voice. He turned over and kissed my head.

"We have work today."

"We should've taken more time off," he spoke, pulling me into his embrace.

I smiled and curled into him. I kissed his neck.

He buried his face in my hair. He breathed me in. "I don't want to go."

"Me neither."

He kissed my shoulder.

After a bit, he got up. He lifted me up and carried me into the restroom.

"Reed-"

"No sex this morning. We only have time to shower."

I groaned.

He gave me a lingering kiss.

I kissed him back with as much as my heart could handle.

He walked me to the wall of the bathroom. He held my face in his hands, kissing me deeply. Reluctantly, he pulled back. He breathed, "I can't get enough of you."

"Good," I whispered, pulling him back into a kiss.

Pretty soon, we were lost in that same familiar rhythm we'd become accustomed to. It felt good and right. It was everything.

When we calmed down from our climaxes, we were in the floor of our bathroom.

Reed chuckled.

"What?" I asked.

"We weren't supposed to have sex."

I smiled.

"I'm like a teenager. It's like I can't-I can't get enough sex. I can't get enough of you."

I smiled and gave him a kiss.

He pulled back. "You have court soon, honey."

"I quit," I mumbled against his lips.

He chuckled and pulled back. He stood and lifted me up. He carried me into a hot shower.

We washed and cleaned each other, then we got out and dried off.

Reed dressed in his usual black suit, white shirt, and black tie.

I dressed in pink slacks, a white blouse with a loose bow at the neck, a black blazer with silk lapels, and black heels. I'd done my makeup and curled my hair.

I met Reed in the kitchen.

He handed me a cup of coffee and kissed my head. "Shall we?"

"We shall," I smiled.

We got our things and left the condo.

When we got to Reed's floor, he looked at me. He pulled me into a sweet kiss. "Have a good day, Judge Robinson."