Chapter 25~

"Jungkook stop"

Jungkook freezes. He looks more nervous and out of control than Jimin has ever seen him, and although that worries the boy- he needs to tell him the truth. No matter how much it may hurt.

"Jungkook, I-I really appreciate you talking to me... and I really do care for you..." Jimin trails off a little, thinking about what he will say next and the younger flinches at his words, "but..."

"No 'buts'...please..." Jungkook whispers, his voice cracking slightly and the elder looks at him with sympathy before continuing to say what he needs to say, for both their sakes, 

"Although I don't blame you for how you've treated me Jungkook- you really have treated me like shit. You've hurt me both physically and emotionally every single day for the past 3 years, even more if you count trainee days. And you have to understand that that's not something that can be fixed in one night. You made me feel like I had no one when I really needed someone... but then..." Jimin almost doesn't want to say it, but Jungkook knows what's coming next, he sees it in his eyes,

"Yoongi" the younger finishes sadly, looking down at the dark grass beneath him. Jimin nods his head a little,

"He is the one who's always been there for me on my worst days. He is the one who wipes my tears- the tears that you create Jungkook. You may have changed, but he hasn't. He's still the same amazing caring guy who's helped me all these years. He loves me Jungkook," Jimin pauses for a second, his mind battling his heart before he finally says what he has yet to say out loud to anyone before, "and I love him."

Jimin's heart hits his chest as he says those 4 words, and although he's happy to finally declare them- he can't help but shake the feeling that they are somehow wrong. Jimin questions himself, he's sure that he loves Yoongi- but why do the words taste so wrong in his mouth? Why is his heart suddenly angry at him when his mind is still assuring him that this is logical, this is right? Jimin shakes his head, why does love have to be so illogical?

The elder finally looks up from the younger's hands to his face, only to find it unexpectedly lined with thick salty tears that are only seeable from their gentle glisten in the moonlight. Jungkook is crying. This has never happened before.

"Kookie, I'm sorry, please-" Jimin starts to gush in shock, Jungkook is crying, for the first time, Jeon Jungkook is crying. But before he can say anymore, he is cut off by a strong hand on his knee,

"It's okay Jimin. I understand." the younger says firmly, and if it wasn't for the tears currently running down his face in a steady stream, no one would ever know that Jungkook was upset by the tone of his voice.

Jimin smiles a little, glad that the younger understands him, despite all that's happened in the last few days, 

"Thank you Jung-"

"But just so you know Jimin, I am never giving up."

A/N woohoo dis ain't the end bishes

yohoho y'all thought Jikook was gonna happen didn't you?

I'm sorry, I'm such a mean author. Please love me.

tbh i don't ever want this book to end (but obvs it will some day)

but for now... I got plans.