Prologue - 0.5 - A New Jabberwock Island - END

Start from the beginning

The feeling that I knew all too well resurfaced... because... as I turned back to my friends...my world came crashing down once again.
I was expecting to see the questioning looks of the others as I obviously sounded psychotic. However, what I saw instead at that moment... made me sick to my stomach...
It took me a minute to realise just what I was looking at.
When I finally did comprehend the scene before me...

My friends... hanging from the walls... as if they had been crucified...
Blood coated the walls. So much so, that it was difficult to tell if the colour of the under laying wallpaper was that of blood or not.

A-A-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I couldn't hold in my screams of horror. I let these screams fill the space around me as a look of horror was plastered all over my face.
A feeling of sickness was overcoming me. I backed myself up to the door, not realising that I fell to the floor. It was as if I was trying to get away from the cruel sight in front of me. My efforts however were in vain. All I could do was simply curl myself up into a ball and try to block out this world.

???:
Hmph. How boring.
Such a normal reaction.

Hajime Hinata:
Wh-What? W-Who are you?
I was too scared to look up and confront the scene again. But I had to see the identity of the person speaking before me. I could hear him so clearly though, that it was as if he was in my head.
I looked up to see...
A mirror. The mirror sat by itself in the middle of a black abyss. Just as that door had, a few minutes back.
As I stood up to face the mirror, I expected to see my tear stained face that had been scarred by fear, sorrow and despair. At the moment however, my eyes had been so severely coated in a layer of tears that the image in front of me was blury.

...?

???:
...

Hajime Hikura:
Wh-What is... this?
I stared at the mirror in a blurry haze. Finally I wiped my eyes. Who I saw before me shocked me.
I-I've seen this f-face be-before.

??u?u ??m??u?a
I would hope so. We've been together for well over two years now.

Hajime Hikura:
..!
W-What. Why? WHY?
WHY ARE YOU HERE?!
I felt a sharp pain in my scalp and a dark blackness overcoming me.

I?uru K?m?ku?a:
Hmph. How strange. I have been here all along so your question seems slightly illogical.

Hajime Kinukura:
B-But wh-

Izuru Kam?ku?a:
Why you ask? Allow me to explain for you. Besides I wouldn't expect such a boring, talentless lowly human such as yourself to know.
Simply put, the seed of despair is always there. In order to make this bloom, what must it have?

Hajime Kinukura:
D-Des-

Izuru Kamuku?a:
Precisely. Despair.
What other reason would I have for showing you such a hope-filled scene back there?
There's no reason other than the fact that, as they say, 'the higher you climb, the harder you fall'. There was no other way, than to taint you with such a hopeless hope before completely destroying that hope, n'~0vv)dt+di~spear~>.(pe~ux(b-re**l$d/=.

And let me tell you, how boring it was to wait this long. Finally, after you visited that old building and realised the true despair of loneliness. Not to mention, that chunk of meat, Akane, nearly killed you and what's more, your three other pathetic and insignificant friends poisoned both you and that stuttering nurse-

Hajime Kimukura:
D-Don't call them tha-!
I attempted to scold him, but I was cut short once again.

Izuru Kamukura:
Oh? That's right. You care for that girl deeply don't you? Such petty feelings, as expected of you. You know, for all we know, she could be dead. And why wouldn't she be?

Hajime Kamukura:
ST-STOP! I-I... *hack* *cough*
I began choking on my own words. No matter how hard I tried, I could no longer manage to force out a single sound from my mouth.

Izuru Kamukura:
Enough of your senseless bickering. Allow me to continue.
Anyway, just imagine the despair of being killed by your own friends that you've survived with up to this point.

Well, you hardly have to imagine it. We just experienced this, did we not? Although, you shouldn't be overly upset about that. After all, - though it may not have seemed like it at first - they had already succumbed to the Ultimate Despair inside of them, resulting in a crude mix between Hope and Despair.

Naturally you just didn't notice. I mean no one would be able to, because one of the things you learn when becoming Ultimate Despair is the art of deception of course. Though it may seem like Ultimate Despairs rely on sheer brutality, that obviously gets boring extremely quickly. Trust me, I know. And so, what harm is there in having fun experimenting with different ways to deceive those around you, before you inevitably kill them?

~     3 u     km   b         (     ((2 da     ds<   +p!  #r    #   

///   1  +w@ #1l   )        l&!     5T~~@r___T---@g-A<  = = 1n

???:
Wh-What's happening to me?! I-I-I don't want this! Make it stop. I just want it to all go back to how it was!

...

...Please...

~              PROLOGUE            -             END                   ~

AN

Izuru Kamukura - Ultimate Hope / Despair

Izuru Kamukura is Hajime's form of Ultimate Despair that he completely forgot about as Izuru was a creation of Hope's Peak Academy in which Hajime's brain was tampered with in order to give him the talent, of talent itself. As Izuru was created after Hajime entered Hope's Peak Academy, he has no memory of Izuru.

When Hajime's brain was tampered with, all of his past memories were suppressed to the deepest recesses of his brain. His past memories were only recovered thanks to the Neo World Program.

Izuru Kamukura was (like the other Ultimate Despairs) turned towards Despair by Junko Enoshima. Izuru Kamukura was responsible for causing the fall of Hope's Peak Academy after he brutally murdered 13 members of the Student Council.