Chapter 13

“I'm ready” he whispers. I give him a warm smile, enterwining my fingers with his. We walked out to the car, and out of no where, it began to rain. We laughed for a little, and let the small drops fall on us.

“You're so dumb, when you have a brain storm, it's just a drizzle”, he jokes. I giggle, and playful slap his arm.

I watch as he unbuttons his blazer, and wraps it around my shoulder. “No, you'll be cold then”, I hesitate, removing the blazer.

“It's okay” he smiles, cold ice air leaving his lips. I decided it was really time to leave, as I watch cold air leave my mouth.

We dry our feet off on the rug in front of the door. I remove the blazzer and hand it to him.

He takes it, and throws it onto the couch. “I'm gonna take a nap”, he whispers. I smile and wave bye, and head out back to my car.

I rolled over in bed, and carefully let my hands explore the dresser for my phone. I slide my finger across it, and answer.

“Mia!” Luke shouts. I inch the phone a few inches from my ear.

“Yes?” I mumble.

“I can't sleep. Read me a Llulby”.

It was new to the both of us. He said he hopes It becomes a rotinue. If he couldn't sleep, I'd come over. And if I couldn't sleep, he'd sneak up into my window. 

I chuckle, and rise, removing the cover off me. I end the call, and slip on my shoes, and tiptoe out of my room. Slowly closing the door, waiting for the sound of a click.

I snatch my keys off the counter, and leave out the back door, thrusting the key in the lock, locking it.

I shove my keys in the pockets of my sweats, and began the journey to Luke's house.

The door was already unlocked, and I crept in. The lights were off, and I slowly and carefully tip-toed into Luke's room.

I heard Luke screaming, and the covers of the bed, shuffling. I quickly flicked on the light, and rushed to his bed. I shook him hard, and continuesly until he woke.

He jumped up, his frightned eyes meeting mine.

“You were having a bad dream”, I spoke through the ringing of the night. His fear was loud, and it covered every inch of the room.

I removed my shoes, and lifted the covers and slid in. Luke laid back on his back, and I rested my head on his chest. His strong arms wrapped around me, keeping a tight grip. I could hear his heart thumping against his chest, threating to burst.

His shaking breath blew down on my face, sending chills down my spine. I tangled my legs with his, and he scots me closer to him. I rub his chest and I feel him losen, and a huge sigh left his chest, making me rise with it.

I look up at him, and his gaze meets mine. He didn't have to tell me “Thank you”. His eyes said everything he needed to say.

I dosed off for awhile. My eyes fluttered open. My vison was blurry, but I could still make out Luke's figure in front of the window.

I proped my self on my elbows, and used the back of my palm to wipe the sleepyness from my eyes.

Luke turned. I couldn't see his face. But by the tone of his voice, I knew he was smiling.

“Sorry, I couldn't sleep still.”

“You're telling me, my warmness didn't help?” I joke.

“What are you looking at?” I asks.

“I'm waiting on the sunrise. I made us some Co-Co”

I sat down beside him. And grabbed the mug of hot chocolate.

“I got a better idea”, I whisper. We rise and head out to the back of Luke's house. Turns out there was a bench conected to a tree. I wait for Luke to sit. He slowly walks, dragging the cover behind him. He sits, and wraps the cover around our legs.

“This helps me relax. I use to always come here when my Mum and Dad use to argue.”

“How'd your Mum die?” I brought the hot Chocolate up to my mouth, and took a sip. I was expecting Luke to tell me off about asking that, and kick me out. But he smiled at me.

“It's actually a long story.” I listened to him. And I believed every word of it. And it had all made sense of why Luke hated everyone.

“We never actually finshed our project”, I bit in. We were in a fit of laughfter. I rest my head on Luke's chest, as his fingers glided through my hair.

“Depression is like war”, Luke says.

“Why do you say that?” I ask looking up at him. His hazel eyes sparkled and shined in the pink sunrise.

”You either win, or die trying”

“Don't talk like that” I frown. I look into Luke's eyes, but he wouldn't look back into mine.

I cup his face, forcing his eyes to look into mine. “Please. To tell you the truth, I don't have much to offer. I never had. I know what if feels like to think no one cares. Ill will always give you late thoughs when you cant think on your own.  Nice long bear hugs, someone to talk to, someone to care for, someone to always be there, a hand to hold, somebody to lean on. And if that's not enough, just know that you have all of me. That's all that matters.” My eyes wondered down to his pink plump lips. I've always wanted to kiss them. And this was a time to be serouis, to let him know I did care.

Luke's hand gently gripped my neck, pulling me closer. I felt a smile creep on my features. His thump traced my cheek.

He paused. I could feel his breath breathe  down onto my lips.
OOOOhhh I wonder what's gonna happen next.;) But don't be such a smarty pants. Thanks for all the nice comments.♥