Luke's P.O.V

Luke's P.O.V 

I race back into the dark kitchen. My Dad was back from who knows where. I see a light from the corner of my eye.  

"Heyy Son", he says waving the lighter. I turn on the lights, and snatch the lighter out of his hands, and shove the lighter into my pocket.

"Final got laid?" My Dad asks, slouching on the counter. I groan, and head back to my room to finish our project. 

"You little shit", my Dad says. He chokes on his spit, and falls to the floor. He rises, and balances. One of his fist, lounges into my face. 

I hold my face, and crawl away. There was no use of fighting back, knowing he was bigger and stronger than me. 

He sloppily walks over to me, stepping on my laptop. I rise, and turn around.  

He ambushes me from my waist behind. My chin slams into the ground, and he turns me around. He slams his fist into my face a few more times before I use to legs to make him fall off me. 

I feel the blood gushes out of my nose. I watch as the blood in my mouth spill onto my shirt. I spit the blood out of my mouth onto the carpet. 

"I hate you! Do you we have to do this everyday?!" I scream. 

He rises, and brings his fist back, I flinch but he doesn't hit me. 

I run out of my room into the bathroom. I turn on the faucet, and cup my hands in the cold water. I throw it on my sore face, and throw the water in my mouth. 

I gargle it, and spit it back into the sink. I turn off the faucet, and watch as the bloody water goes down in the drain. 

I grab a towel, and pat it on my lip softly, and whip the blood from under my nose. 

I slowly and carefully take my lip ring out, and sit it beside the sink. 

S/N 

Don't be confused that I called him 'Dad' well get to that later ;)

Mia P.O.V 

"Luke, what does that sound mean?" I ask, worried. He keeps focus on the road. His jaw clenched, consatrateing. His grip around the steering wheel, tight. 

The sound was like a ringing, I didn't know anything about cars, not even about gas, but I knew the sound meant something. 

"Luke!" 

"What?" He glances at me quickly, then back at the road. 

"What does that sound mean?" I ask once more. 

"Nothing, can you hand me a chewy out of there?" He asks, pointing to a pack of chewy in the cup holder.  

I grab the pack, and take the minty cheewy. "Here", I say handing it to him. 

He scoffs "Do you expect me to take my focous off the road, just to put a chewy in my mouth?" 

"Uhh, yeah. What do you want me to do? Put it your mouth?" 

"I like how you think. C'mon", he says opening his mouth. 

"No! Just pull over!" I argue. 

"Just put it in my mouth", he argues back. 

I sigh, and lean over towards him. I unwrap the chewy, and plop it into his mouth. I sigh, and roll my eyes, once he begans to loudly smack on the chewy. 

I look out the window, annoyed and try to take my focous off of it. 

"Luke!" I yell loosing my patience. 

He laughs. "What?" 

"I'm about 5 seconds from taking that gum out of your mouth, and throwing it of the window" 

"Then, your gonna have to put a whole new one in my mouth" 

"Says who?" 

"Me" 

I scoff, and think about yesterday, when Luke kicked me out of his house. I glance back at him. Something was not right about him. Or his face I should say. 

"It looks like your nose is stiff", I say reaching up to touch it. He whinces, as I just tap it. 

"What happened? "  

"I-uh, ran into a pole the other day" 

I curl my lips into my mouth, not sure if I was believing him or not. 

"Your very bad at lying" 

"Who said I was lying?!" He snaps. 

He silently curses, as he violently turns the steering from left to right. 

"Luke what are you doing? ! I scream, sitting up my hand across my chest. 

"Help me!" 

I sit there confused for awhile before I rest my hands on top of his to keep the steering wheel steady. It was heavy, and hard to turn it.  

We both manage to pull it over.on the side of the road. I lean back on my seat, and cover my face. I was scared for my life. 

"You never had you seat belt on?" He asks, as if that was the problem. 

I remove my hands from my face, and shake my head. He giggles, and turns off the engine.  

"So, what's happening? " 

"Well, my lady, we've run out of gas", he say opening the car door, and getting out. 

"Wha-what?!" I get out, and follow him to the back of the car. 

"What about our project?" 

"Is that all you ever think about?" He asks pulling his phone out of his back pocket. 

My eyes find the ground. It felt a tad embarrassing that all I thought about was our project. 

I loom back at Luke, he begans to dial a number, and press the phone against his ear.  

He walks away, still talking on the phone. I sigh, and get back into the car. I cross my arms over my chest, and watch Luke walk back and forth speaking on the phone.