14. Jace I'm going to kill you slowly and painfully

So we walked for a while and soon reached the Penhallow house.

Clary knocked on the door. "You sure about this?" I asked. She glanced over at me.

"I'm not sure about anything anymore." The door opened and Isabelle widened her eyes to the size of saucers.

"Clary, what are you doing here?!"

"Hi to you as well Isabelle. Long story, but basically Clary created a portal," I smiled.

Clary went to walk in but Isabelle blocked her path, looking alarmed.

"You need to leave now. Create a portal and go back to New York." Clary furrowed her eyebrows confused.

"Why? I'm here, I came to help. I need to see Jace." She stormed past Isabelle dragging me behind her. Isabelle quickly blocked the stairs.

"This is for your own good. Please just go home."

"No!" Clary pushed past her towards the stairs. Isabelle sighed in aggravation.

"Fine go up there, no matter who it hurts. You do that anyway." Clary looked pained at her words but pulled me along up the stairs. She opened the study door to see Jace had his lips locked with Aline Penhallow and they were making out. Clary gasped and my mouth fell open. Aline pulled away noticing us.

"Clary," Jace whispered. Aline's face brightened in recognition and her cheeks turned dark red. She hurried to button up the rest of her blouse.

"Clary, I've heard so much about you," Aline said and held her hand out for Clary to shake. Clary ignored her.
Aline looked between them.

"I'll give you two some alone time." She hastily walked out the room.

"I um have information on Ragnor Fell." Clary finally said.

Jace rolled his eyes. "Clary why are you here?! I left you in New York for a reason. You get in the way, we always have to come running and rescuing you. You don't know how to be a Shadowhunter and you get people hurt in the meantime."

Clary kept her tear filled eyes on Jace. She grabbed the handcuff between us and tore it apart storming off. I looked down at the broken cuff.

Strength run...darnit. When did she apply that?

I quickly remembered the situation as Jace ran a hand through his hair and punched a mirror.

"That's seven years bad luck." I walked over to him and slapped him so hard he fell back against the desk.

"I know you care about her...I know you're confused. But Clary is as much apart of this as you all. Maybe more. Don't talk to her like that, or you may lose her. Or worse, I'll kill you slowly and painfully." With those words I turned and walked out of the house, looking for Clary. I used my speed to take the road back to Amatis's and found Clary and...some dude.

"Clary who's this?" I asked. They both turned around. He smiled at me outstretching his hand.

"Sebastian Verlac. I'm Aline's cousin." I took his hand shaking it.

"Nice to meet you."

So I walked behind them for a while til we reached Amatis's house. I walked inside so they could talk for a moment. I snuck in and past Amatis, going unnoticed. I walked into the kitchen pulling out a Lay's potato chip bag, chomping down. I heard the front door open signalling Clary walked in.

I knew Amatis was going to give her the guilt trip, because Luke had asked her to do this one thing. So I decide I'd stay out of it. I walked to Clary's room and laid on the floor next to the bed. She soon entered and walked into the bathroom to change into Pajama's.

She laid on the bed. She was quiet for a while but then asked a question I wasn't expecting.

"What was your life like before you became a vampire?" I paused for a long moment.

"Why do you wanna know?"

"You're a guardian and I'm the guarded. I thought you wanted to get to know each other. You know everything about me....I would like to know a little about you." I inhaled deeply.

"It's a pretty boring story. I had a brother named Roderick. He was three years older then me, but we were incredibly close. We were raised by our grandmother because our parents had died in a house fire. My brother died when he was nineteen....of a terrible illness. A year later I was turned by my ex boyfriend, much like Maia. That was a huge downer. After that I traveled for a while and became a Guardian."

Clary stared up at the ceiling deep in thought.

"Like I said pretty boring," I yawned rolling on my side and closing my eyes.

"Night, Clary."

"Goodnight, Alice."