Chapter 62 - The End Has No End

Start from the beginning

"Saliva won't feed you, Boys. Dinner's ready, so let's go," he says, leaning back up.

"Hmm... I know something else that could feed us..." I smirk as my eyes lower to his crotch.

"That's dessert, Babe, but only good boys get dessert, so you'd better be sitting at the dining room table within the next thirty seconds if you want some..."

Well, he doesn't need to tell me twice! I instantly stride over Alex's body and off the couch to make a dash for the corridor.

"Hey! I want dessert too!!" Alex screams as he follows me in my tracks.

Poor boy winces a bit as we take our usual seats across from each other at the dining table, but at least we made it. Wow, Mark has set everything nicely, and the food is already here: nice and thin slices of roast-beef, peas and fried potatoes. It smells so good that my stomach growls and my mouth begins to salivate.

"You shouldn't worry, Baby," Mark says as he joins us at a slower pace and sits at the end of the table between us. "I believe my balls will produce enough dessert for both of you..." he adds, wiggling his eyebrows.

We all laugh at that and then Mark starts filling our plates. Dinner occurs between moans of pleasure, jokes and small talk. Alex suddenly worries about his lost credit card, but Mark explains that we were able to cancel it. The meat is incredibly tender, the peas perfectly sweet and the potatoes melt in my mouth. I would have never afforded such food a year ago, but at the same time, I always had a preference for junk food, so I don't complain. Once I have emptied my plate and soaked the sauce with fresh baguette, I look for the jug of water on the table and eventually notice a bottle of Champagne and flutes.

"Are we having Champagne for dinner?"

"Yes, we are," Mark replies with a warm smile as he reaches for the bottle to open it.

The cork pops out and Mark immediately pours some of the fizzy spirit into our glasses.

"Yes! Let's celebrate Alex's return!" I cheer, eager to taste the delicious wine I love so much.

"Not only..." Mark replies with a mischievous smile.

Alex and I frown as he stands up and walks to the kitchen, only to come back with  one hand carrying a cake that holds candles, and presents in his other hand. Of fucking course!!!! How could I have forgotten about that!? With Alex's come back, I totally forgot that exactly two weeks ago, he turned 20! I laugh at Alex's puzzled face while Mark drops the packages and the cake in front of him before he returns to his seat and raises his glass of Champagne.

"To your return, Baby, and... happy belated birthday!"

"Happy birthday, Pumpkin!!! Make a wish!!" I also cheer, grinning at the blushing birthday boy who is staring at the gifts with brimming eyes.

"Aww... You shouldn't have..."

"Just shut up, blow the candles and open your presents already!!!" I encourage him, suddenly filled with excitement.

"To be honest, Baby, we should have been in a fantastic place for you to open these presents," Mark begins to say, and I wish he would just shut up as well!

Damn! If he tells Alex about the trip we were to make, he will only add to his guilt, which is why I kick his leg beneath the table. My scowl only earns another scowl and his is much more impressive than mine.

"Communication and honesty, Shan," he scolds me.

"What are you talking about?" Alex asks softly.

"We had booked flights for the three of us, a secret destination..." Mark explains. "It would have been a three-day vacation for us. We were supposed to fly out on Monday morning and back on the Wednesday evening, so after you left, we just cancelled all the reservations, but it's only a rain check, Baby. Once things have calmed down and when I'm all set with the new brasserie in Boston, we will have that trip, maybe end of June or early July."