Chapter 17 - Mistakes After Mistakes

(Shan's POV - Tue. 16 September 2014)

"Alright everyone, this is it for today. Please review all your notes tonight and prepare tomorrow's experiment by reading the whole chapter on the strong liquors. It's a long one, and it would help if you have read it before next class. I'll see you tomorrow!" the instructor tells us before he walks out of the classroom.

I have never enjoyed myself so much in school. The fact that it deals with something I am interested in helps, I guess. It feels so weird to wake up in the morning, being happy to go to class, especially for someone like me who has always hated school.

I started my training course yesterday morning. The days are intense, starting at 8:00 am and finishing at 5:00 pm with just a half-hour lunchbreak. The mornings are dedicated to theory on liquors, beers and wines, but also alcohol awareness, mixology, customer service, and the likes. Then in the afternoon, we move to another classroom to practice, and this one is like training behind a real bar to get skills and confidence for the job. There, we will learn how to prepare cocktails, cut fruits and decorate, how to pour draft beer and tap a keg, as well as how to set up a bar work station.

I have really enjoyed these first two days and my classmates are quite cool. There are not many of us, just about ten, and we're all between 20 and 25 years old, which makes the atmosphere more pleasant and the learning more efficient too.

As Mark advised, I will do the first two training sessions. The first week is more about general bar-tending – basic alcohols, beer and wine – and the second one targets fine liquors and stronger alcohols. Then, there is an optional advanced course on cocktails – which is what I want to specialize in – that should be done as part of an apprenticeship in a bar for three weeks, with theoretical classes in the morning at school and practice at work in the afternoon or evening.

I would really love to do this second part, but for one, it is super expensive, and I don't want Mark to pay for it this time, so I would need to save money first. And then, I need to find a bartender who will accept to hire me and train me for three weeks. I should ask Mark if his friend Aaron would take me as an apprentice either at the Black Moon or the Black Diamond. It would be such a great opportunity to show him what I am capable of, and who knows, he might hire me later once I am certified? Working there would be so awesome!! Yes, I definitely need to speak with Mark about it!

These thoughts populate my head as I walk back home. The other good point is that the training center is quite close to home... I mean, close to Mark's home... Yes, Mark's home, although to me, it has felt like my home too for the past few weeks. Ever since this wonderful day I called him to let him know I was accepting to become his Submissive and he told me to pack a few things to spend the weekend at his place, I haven't spent a single night at home - I mean Liam and I's apartment. And it's been more than a month now!

To be honest, this has been a source of stress for the past few days. I have come to realize that with Liam having moved out of our apartment and me staying at Mark's place, it's getting ridiculous to pay the rent when neither my friend nor I use it. In the beginning, I simply thought that I should keep it in case things didn't turn well with Mark, but said things are going very well... and fast!

However, I can't imagine going to Mark and say Hey, can I move in permanently with you and get rid of my apartment to save money? That would sound a bit blunt, right?

Things have just moved on naturally so far, in the sense that Mark keeps saying he likes having me around all the time and he has never told me to return to my place one evening. I haven't used the guestroom he had set for me either – not even once! – which is fine with me because I love sharing his bed and sleeping in his arms at night. On the other side, he has never offered clearly for me to move in permanently with him, so what should I do?