His Abandoned Diary

Chapter 20 ~ His Abandoned Diary

I shoved my hands in my pocket after sliding some sunglasses onto my face to block the raging heat rays burning my eyes. As I stepped out onto the cracked asphalt in front of my house, my eyes dragged me to the direction of the flattened shrubs in front of Robert's old house. It's abandoned, and has always been the empty heart aching memory of Robert's disappearance.

Not even registering what I was doing, I stepped inside his house, finally getting the guts from seeing him yesterday. I pushed back the door and took in the dusty sight ahead of me. I toured myself around the house, kicking the dust bunnies in the corners of each room I advanced towards. The living room, bathrooms, master bedroom, and kitchen were all sadly unfurnished.

But when I went into his room, I smiled at the leftover movie posters still stapled onto the wall. Scattered movie cases that were empty layed on the ground, but in one dark corner of the room was a book. It was so utterly familiar. The black outline weaved into the brown leather and the dark brown string that laced upon the cover, closing the journal together.

I picked it up, dusting bits off of the cover and flipped it around into my hands. In the lower right corner of the back cover, was something etched into it. Something stitched into it, actually. It said.. Robert Downey.

What does that mean?

I sprinted home, not even bothering to shut Robert's abandoned house and climbed up the stairs. Kicking off my shoes, I eyed the picture on my wall. It was the exact same one that was trembling in my hands. This is Robert's journal, he left it here.

I should give it to him, right? But, he forgot it here a long time ago... Can I read it? 

My fingers flipped open the book to the very first, moldy page. My teeth sunk into my lower lip, biting it nervously as my eyes read along the lines of the first and last page that I'll ever read.

Dear Journal,

Yeah, I'm a boy.. But does it matter if I have a journal? Whatever, um... My Mom called me a week ago insisting that I record a journal of my school year and mail it to her across the country since well, my parents are divorced and she can't "experience" my school year with me, so..

Anyway, I'm not good at this stuff.

Today was my first day of school and my lab partner today was so funny and pretty. You can call that a cliche but no this is not love at first sight. I kind of want to wait before I actually confirm that I like her. She is really cute though. She has blonde hair and gray eyes, and she understands my witty jokes.. But who doesn't?

Yeah, I feel weird talking to myself. I guess I have to get use to it.

I think her name is Kaitlin.

Well, this is boring and I have to continue unpacking in this house. Bye.

Sincerely, Robert.

PS: Only doing this for you Mom.

Robert thinks I'm cute and pretty? Does he still feel that way about me? Wait, what am I saying? We're suppose to be... friends. Just friends. I feel like I friend-zoned myself. Ugh, I'm an idiot and-

My annoying ringtone pulled me out of my thoughts, flashing Robert's face on my phone showing his caller ID. I guess he put in his number too, yesterday. I plucked the phone from the coffee table beside me and pressed Answer.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey, I'm picking you up in an hour."

"Oh yeah," I check my alarm clock. 5:58 PM. "Sure, should I dress casually?"

"Yeah. Bye."

"Oh, um.. Bye." Robert hung up.

I'll see you at the party, I guess...

_____________________________________________________________________________

Just a short chapter for you guys. This doesn't really matter but I figured a nice diary would be nice to add. I think it kind of changes Kate's perspective of what she thinks of his feelings. Whatever, anyway..

Next chapter will be about the party. And things will get kinkyyy but with the _____ people. Hehehe. lol, anyway, should I update again? Three chapters in one night? Or morning? Its 1:32 AM where I am.

Okay. Comment please.

Bye mustaches. :3