The Invitation

Chapter 8 ~ The Invitation

I pried open my eyes that were sore from crying myself to sleep all night. I lied down and rested my hands on my stomach that had packages of emotions: Anger, depression, betrayal, insecure, etc. And well, I think that it's time to mail all those emotions to the Pit stop. Otherwise known as the garbage can.

To think, that Alicia was my best friend. And to think, that I loved Cody. But apparently, my choice was to believe in this fairytale instead of the blinded truth in front of me. I can't believe that I wasted every second of my life with her. I can't believe that I poured in all my love to Cody and all I get is a "Right back at ya, babe." I can't believe this cliché. The boy using you to get to your best friend. Ugh..

I spent two weeks dreading over my break-up but then I decided to hide the pain and cry in private, because my appearence was depressing whenever I'd go out in public. So, I always knew how to put on a fake smile that'll brighten up other people in the room. But my only wish, was that it was a real smile. Geez, the break up happened, what? A month ago?

I propped my elbows up on the bed so I could sit up a little bit. I looked around the room with pictures full of us.. I don't even know why I didn't tear them up when he broke my heart. But now the shattered the pieces of what's left of it, are unveiling the truth ahead of me.

"Too many memories.." I muttered.

Time for a room make over.

I sighed and hunched my back over, sitting up completely. I furrowed my eyebrows and noticed something that reflected into the sunlight, on my ankle. Wrapped around it, was a golden anklet that said "Best Friends Forever." I gritted my teeth and tore it off and shot it one-handedly into the Pit Stop. Stupid promise anklet.. More like "Best Friends For Never."

Mad, I stood up quickly and stumbled over almost just as fast. I regained my balance and chuckled at myself. I marched around the room, ripping off pictures on my wall, of the cheaters and threw them into a pile in the garbage can.

After my room was dis-infected of the "Backstabbers" disease, I grabbed a lighter and lit the garbage on fire. I smiled. I felt like a weight on my shoulders has finally been lifted.

I sighed a breath of relief and coughed, disgusted. Geez, forgot about my morning breath disease. Forgot that I can't burn that up..

I zombie-walked into my bathroom and brushed my teeth with extra toothpaste to wash out the string of curse words that I wanna yell out to the world, and of course my morning breath.

After that, I walked towards my bedroom window and saw Robert writing down stuff in his notebook. I smiled and fumbled around my room, looking for my camera. After I fiddled around with it, anxiously waiting for it to turn on and having to replace it with new batteries, I rushed back to my window. I was relieved to find Robert was still there writing his story or whatever he's writing about.

I took a picture and it then I rushed back to my computer to print it out. Then I taped it onto my wall. New memories, I smiled.

I giggled and smooched him on the cheek, well the picture. I shook my head to shake the craziness and then I was about to turn around until I felt two hands wrap around my waist. I gasped and elbowed "whoever-it-was" in the chest.

I don't care if it was a maid or my Dad but you just don't fucking scare me like that.. I sighed and turned around but my eyes widened to cover half of my face when I realized it was Robert. I panicked and went to help him up.

"I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so SORRY!" I yelled frantically.

He chuckled and leaned his head back. What? This isn't a time to chuckle! This is a time to panic! I could've broken his ribs or whatever.. Eeeearrrrghhh.

"Sorry, I had to tell you something." He laughed and held up his head with his hand that was propped up by his elbow. He used his other hand to point at me while narrowing his eyes and screamed wildly,"We're gonna party!"

I rose an eyebrow and said,"What?"

"You. Me. Party. Ray's house."

Ohh. I've been there before. Ray is one of those nice, popular guys who invites everyone to his crazy, yearly party. I've never missed it once and nor will I ever. I smiled and nodded, but titled my head when he had confusion written all over his face.

"Is that me?" He pointed at the wall standing behind me.

I froze and turned slowly to look at the picture that I just snapped a couple of minutes ago.

"Uhh, no. It's some cute guy from school.. Uh, yeah. His name, is um.." I hesitated. "Bobby."

He laughed and stood up and walked across the room but I blocked the picture, by standing in front of it. We wrestled like our life depended on it but he eventually pinned me to the wall. I struggled to get out of this awkward position, but it just got even more awkwarder when he stopped and looked into my eyes.

He leaned in slowly, staring at my lips then he tucked in my hair behind my ear, but just when our noses were about to touch, he shoved me aside to the ground.

"That is me in the picture! So you think I'm cute, huh?" He smirked.

Ugh..

I rolled my eyes and banged my head on the carpet and mumbled,"Boys are a disgusting creature of mankind."

_____________________________________________________

Hey munchkins!

Weird nickname I know, but I decided to name you it since I find myself eating Dunkin-Donuts while writing stories. Anyways..

Comment, vote, and follow!

Plus, check out my other story, "U + Me @ 3:15." It's a teacher/student romance with the fabulous RDJ of course! But he's not famous. Don't worry, I won't rip off anyone else's story. The only thing that'll be in common with me and other people's teacher/romance stories will be..

1. The sexy RDJ.

2. Teacher-student-relationship.

So, you got nothing to sorry about Hun.

And remember in the first chapter, I said I'd make this a series?

Yeah, well I change my mind. I don't want to write simple short stories and mig as well make this a cliffhanging long book..

So, um, yeah.

Bye mustache! Wait no, my new nickname for you is mustache! Yep.