Forgive, but friends?

Chapter 19 ~ Forgive, but friends?

I stirred awake when the sunlight painted patterns on my bed, spilling from the glassy windows. I rubbed my temples, massaging away at the throbbing pain in my head. I slugged out of bed and walked in front of my mirror, glaring at my reflection. I had this deep pit scarred into my stomach filled with loneliness. Mascara and tear stains splattered on my face, my hair was an abandoned bird nest, my clothes were all wrinkly and..

Wait, I don't remember putting on an overized T-shirt and--

A toilet flush echoed around the house, interrupting my thoughts. I whipped my head around to see the bathroom door opening and a cute bed head popping out of the doorway, followed by toned abs and pajama pants.

"Robert," I murmured. "What are you doing here?"

Robert's brown eyes locked with mines sleepily, but he didn't respond. His abs and muscles tensed and his bed hair got even more.. messier, if that was possible. I stumbled towards him and enveloped him in my arms. Inhaling his casual cologne scent, I smiled as I felt his strong arms wrap around me. His soft fingers stroked my hair and I buried my face in the crook of his neck. Being shirtless, his warm chest made me feel cozy.

Then, memories of yesterday came flooding back to my mind. I shoved Robert away, forcing myself to push himself off me with my own bare hands.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again. "And how did I get in here?"

"I brought you home."

"Why?" I seethed through my clenched teeth.

"Well, when the hotel service calls your room 50 advising me about getting security to remove the girl sleeping against my door, it's kind of hard to just leave her there and not bring her home." He sarcastically replied.

My fingers combed through my hair, brushing my bangs back over my head. I sighed frustratedly and sunk into the bed, feeling weight being placed next to me on the bed shortly after. I stared at Robert next to me who looked afraid to steal a glance at me, but I caressed his cheek with my thumb and smiled a sadistic smile as he turned to look at me.

"I broke up with Emmaly." He said bluntly.

"You did?"

"Well, I'm going to do it tonight."

My hands clasped around his, tightening my grip for two loose seconds before letting go and walking away to my bathroom. I turned on the faucet and drenched my hands in warm water. I took a wisp of hair and tucked it behind my ears before splashing water onto my face and wiping away at the mascara stained onto my cheeks. I dabbed a little water on my hair before looking into the mirror to see Robert standing behind me.

He wrapped his arms around my stomach and docked his chin on my shoulder. I placed my hands over his hands that folded perfectly on my abdomen and Robert started kissing my neck passionately, making a low moan erupt from the back of my throat. I felt him smirk against my skin before he started kissing up to my jaw and swiftly flipped me over and pushed me on top of the bathroom counter. He lowered his head and hovered his lips over mines, brushing it every so often trying to tease me.

Well, now don't blame me... But it's my time of the month. And I get mood swings worse than Donkey Kong not getting his bananas on his Mondays.

I shoved Robert away and walked back to the bedroom, crossing my arms and sitting on the bed. Robert crept out of the bathroom looking confused and scratching the back of his ear. He walked and stood a few feet across from me, making the right choice to keep silent. But not for long.