Trip to Jail

Chapter 13 ~ Trip to Jail

I was startled in my sleep by a series of loud knocks downstairs. I propped myself up on my bed with my elbows and rubbed my eyes, yawning. The loud bangs on the doors continued and I rushed downstairs, annoyed at the maids for not doing their jobs. I slid my feet across the cold floor tiles, letting my long pajamas slide across them behind me.

When did I put on these pajamas? The last thing I remember was Robert bringing me home and --

The loud knocking resumed and forcefully shoved me out of my thoughts. Impatiently, they started ringing the doorbells repeatedly. I gritted my teeth as I struggled trying to unlock the locks and open the goddamn door so I could go back to my beauty sleep. Not that I would wake up beautiful with my bed head and morning breath anyway.

The corners of my mouth tug into a frown as I realize its the police. I think they have the wrong house...

"Are you Kaitlin Thomas?"

I nodded.

"We need you to come with us."

I didn't say anything. I didn't do anything. I just let them drag me away into the back of the police car, whimpering all along the way. They kept assuring me that I wasn't in trouble, but my ears drowned them out and listened to the memories of all the bad things I've ever done in my life coming back to dawn over me.

Do you get arrested for filling condoms with glue and involving them with cheerleaders? Do you get arrested for putting face paint on a sleeping neighbor next to Olivia's house? Do you get arrested for replacing Oreo cookie's milky middle with minty white toothpaste? Do you get arrested for putting Pistachios into the coffee maker? Do you get arrested for hosting a party you weren't supposed to have?

Yesh, I'm a prankster. Don't blame me for my cultural references... But going to jail for these things, was way off hand.

But are they trying to lure me into a false sense of security by not putting handcuffs on me or not explaining where we're going?

I cradled my face in my arms as the car roamed around the streets parking in front of the County jail. I gasped in shock, disbelief, and paranoia. I'm going to jail. Dad is going to be so mad... Not that he cares anyway, he barely makes time for me. He's been on vacation for two months and not even found the time to offer me A call over the phone.

I get pulled out of the police car and the police officer comforts me with his loving blue eyes. "I have some bad news to tell you."

I nodded, gesturing for him to go on. Mostly because I wanted to go back to sleep. Mostly because my curiosity was driving me out of the sane area.

"Your Dad died in a car accident," he pauses. "All your maids have been reassigned to a new boss. He's left you money in his will, but that's as far as it gets."

My mouth gapes at the words throwing themselves out of his mouth as he speaks. As if it hurts to say this, which it was. I was speechless. Dead... And I thought that he was on a case for two months! He'd said he'd be back in two weeks, let alone two whole months. But never coming back, is.. Is painful to even think about. Sure, my Dad barely pays attention to me but that's why he spoils me to make up for it. At least he cares... Right?

"And the other bad news," I groaned mentally at having more bad things to hear. "Is that your boyfriend is in here." He pointed to the jail ahead of me.

Boyfriend? I don't have a boyfriend. Cody dumped me and I really don't--

"Robert Downey." He interrupted my thoughts.

Without thinking, I push past the officer and push myself between the county jail doors. I search frantically for a secretary or someone who might help me find Robert, but it turns out I didn't have to. I saw Robert being released of his handcuffs, still looking handsome as ever in his orange jumpsuit. I flared my nostrils as I saw the guy beside him signing papers: His Dad.

Robert finally notices me and runs off to me, hugging me and enclosing me into his arms. He's so warm and calm, but I feel an unsteady heartbeat beating out of his chest. A security guard tries to pull him off thinking that he's trying to assault me, but I assure him everything is okay.

"I beat up Cody." He admits after pulling away from the long hug.

I gasped, not responding.

"I know you told me not to but he almost raped you, so..." He trailed off without a trace of happiness or victory on his face. "My Dad bailed me out but as my punishment, my Dad changed his mind and we're going to New York... Tomorrow."

My heart plummeted to the end and I could feel it shattering into bits of dissolved feelings being let loose like balloons.

"You're... Leaving? Forever? " I croaked out.

He nodded.

___________________________________________________________________

Hey mustaches!

Ooohhhh drama drama drama.

And did you hear the news? If iron man 4 comes out, RDJ definitely won't be in it. :(

I don't know if you noticed but I'm not the type who adds curses to my stories, but I definitely read stories that curse.. A lot.

I'm freaking out cause one of my favorite writer on Wattpad followed me and another favorite writer commented on my comment! I feel so.. Happy.

Does this count as a cliffhanger? Or is it... I don't know. This was really another filler chapter as I continue doing my things since school has been weighing me down more than usual. But really, school is so depressing. There should be three days in a weekend. That'd be less stress and more sleep. Cause I'm a night owl.

Remember in the first chapter I said that this was gonna be a series? Well I change my mind cause instead of having short stories, I'll just have one long story. It's better like that, I think.

Anyways... Buh bye mustaches! :3