Robert Is Leaving

Chapter 15 ~ Robert Is Leaving

I sat on my doorstep as I watched Robert and his Dad filling in their taxi's trunk with luggages. After Robert shoved in three luggages, he ran towards me and I stood up, pressuring him into a long hug. I sobbed silently into his shoulder as he stroked my hair.

We pulled away to look into each other's eyes and then he kissed me. Then the taxi cab honked and we could hear Robert's Dad clearing his throat from ten meters away. I sniffled and wiped away a tear that started to make a pathway down Robert's cheek.

He smiled and gave me a small peck on my lips.

"I'll see you later, girlfriend."

"I'll see you next time, boyfriend." I said without even letting my mind register what I was saying.

Then he waved goodbye and left me standing there with a broken heart. The taxi cab drove away leaving me with glassy eyes and a stuffed nose. I dreaded going back up the stairs but I willed myself to do it anyways. I had to go to school.

I wore a black long sleeved shirt, black hoodie, black ripped jeans, black converse, and black sunglasses. I heard that if you ever wear black, it means that you wanna be left alone. And that's true, I want to be alone and die alone unless Robert is here with me holding me in his arms.

I drove to school and sang to "Hurt" by Christina Aguilera.

I wanna hold you in my arms

Take the pain away

Thank you for all you've done

Forgive all your mistakes

There's nothing I wouldn't do to hear your voice again

Sometimes I'd tried to call you

But I know you won't be there

I parked in the school parking lot and slammed the door to my car as I stomped out of my car, angrily or depressed. I couldn't tell. I was in a mumbo-jumbo of emotions. I sighed and turned around, only to bump into Chase.

"Hey Kate."

I dusted my shoulders and nodded my head slightly to say 'sup.' cause I'm afraid that my voice will give away my terrible mood and there's nothing more than that I hate than pity.

"I heard Mark kinda beat you up," he hesitated. "I'm sorry about that, it's just that he's--"

Someone came behind Chase and wrapped strong arms around his waist and a familiar deep voice said, "Hey babe."

Then someone kissed his cheek and revealed himself to be...

"Mark?!?!?!" I shouted.

Mark lowered his head down, guiltily. Chase nodded slowly and said,"We're gay... And he's like the overprotective boyfriend, so..."

"Are you the clingy girlfriend?" I joked.

"No," he whined. "Whatever. Just um, keep the secret?"

I nodded, not really giving a damn.

I placed my hoodie over my head and scurried inside the school. Even gay people have a better love life than me, while I'm in the stage of unrequited love. A forbidden love..? Nope, just a long distance relationship. Ugh, why is love so complicated?

For the rest of the day, I ignored people. The only person that was worth my time was Emmaly. At least she wasn't a bother like everyone else, cause we were close with Robert. She was the one who set us up anyway, so she means a lot to me. Cause she's my new girl best friend. But seriously, I want Robert and only Robert.

_____________________________________________________________

Hey mustaches! Do you find it hard to believe that mark and chase are together? Ooohhhlalalaaaa... I have nothing against gays btw.

But Robert left Kate.. Wahhhhh :(

Poop. Next chapter will be depressing and skipping by like.. years

Lets just say, Kate's life is depressing. That ain't a spoiler, right? And if its hard to believe, the story has already been two or three months.

Bye mustaches!