Confessions To Go Around

Chapter 8 ~ Confessions To Go Around

After my usual morning routine, I drove to school by myself today, still stuck with the memory of Robert's black eye dancing across my mind.

After recklessly parking my car in the lot, I quickly ran into the school, grabbed my things from my locker, and dashed off to science.

I've never been more eager for class to start when Robert walked inside.. Him and I didn't exchange a glance. Not even a "Hello."

I completely flipped off Robert during science, but that didn't bother him 'cause he didn't bother to even try a conversation with me.

***********************

It was lunch and my crappy mind decided to give Robert anther black eye for ignoring me. Okay, I lied.. But he ignored me! And sure, that was my plan but.. he stole it!

After grabbing my lunch tray and inhaling the wondrous scent of the mozzarella sticks, my feet got in action and rushed over to our table. And to my surprise, I found him talking to Emmaly.

What? He talks to her but not me? That's sick!

My eyebrows scrunch down as I walk over and take my seat between Robert and Emmaly. We fiddle with our forks until I decided to break the silence.

"Hi..guys." I say awkwardly and clear my throat afterwards.

Emmaly looks up at me and smiles, than I notice her kick Robert's shin and he looked up from his food as plastered a fake smile.

Robert must've used make-up to cover up his black eye 'cause now his bruise is masked and not even visible. Maybe, it was just my imagination and he didn't get punched at all.. Nah, that's not it. My mind isn't that violent. I usually imagine chocolate that never melts in your mouth until you chew it.

I nervously bring my hand to lift up Robert's chin and make him level his head so that my eyes were locked with his. His lips curve into a little smile as I smiled assuringly at him.

I lift my fingers slowly to brush them under his eyes where the make up is applied. He flinched and I pulled back. The smile on his face instantly faded away and his food suddenly became the most interesting thing to him.

"Why did he do this to you?" I whisper.

Robert's eyes widened as if startled by the fact that I knew, and that I saw firsthand.

"What?" He was playing dumb.

"Your window isn't that far away from mines, you know.." I crossed my arms and grind my teeth, annoyed.

Robert suspiciously looks at Emmaly and she nods. He looked back at me and gulps as he took a breath of air.

"My Dad wants to go to New York." he says, scared as if I would give him another black eye. And trust me, I want to.

"Cool, bring me a souvenir when you come back from your little vacation." I chirped.

But deep down, I had a feeling this wasn't a vacation. Please don't say that he's--

"No, like I mean.. He," Robert inhaled another breath of air and his voice was shaky. "He wants to move there."

My heart drops and tumbles around my rib cage. After cracking itself, it flies back up and lodges itself into my throat. I open my mouth but words refuse to come out. Instead, my eyes start to build tears but I contaminate myself. I rubbed my eyes and coughed to mask my pain, which I probably wasn't doing well.

"Congratulations." I said weakly. "Then, why did he hit you?"

He let his ran a hand through his hair. "I told him that I didn't wanna go and started cussing him out. Then, we had a small fight but he finally agreed to stay here for the rest of the school year.."

I smiled and sighed happily. I throw my arms around him and clasp him into a cozy hug. He hugs me tighter and I wince because of my ribs, but the pain doesn't affect me. I was here, hugging my best friend.. That's all that mattered.

"I'm gonna use the little ladies' room.." I said, stuffing my mouth with mozzarella sticks

After we parted from our hug, I stood up and waddled over to the bathroom but was grabbed by two firm hands. I gasped loudly, but my mouth was covered up by a hand.

"You little shit, how are you still alive?" A deep voice mutters, more to himself than me.

"Mark, leave her alone!" Walking over, Alicia surprised me by siding and defending me. Usually she'd chant "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

Mark lets me wiggle out of his firm grasp and he shoves me before he walked backwards into the cafeteria with a glare on his face that could've melted you.

Once he's out of my sight, I grin at Alicia who smiles back but starts sobbing. I hugged her and patted her back while she snuggled her head into my shoulder, using my shirt as a personal 'Sham-Woo-Hoo'!

Olivia was right.. She's bipolar.

"I need to tell you something.." Alicia whispers with her voice cracking up, still choking on tears.

I nod and gesture for her to keep talking.

"I'm pregnant."

My jaw drops and my eyes widen. This explains the major mood-swings.. But she? Pregnant? She's always been on birth control pills whenever she does "it"..

But better yet, this was exciting! I could still be her child's god-mother if Alicia was still willing to give me the offer.

"Who's the father?" I asked excitedly.

She starts crying again into my shoulder and I leave her alone crying into her hands. I walk over to Olivia who eyed me suspiciously.

I tell Olivia about Alicia's pregnancy and the conclusion to her puking and bipolar-ness. After that, she leaves me in the bathroom with Alicia.

"Please don't hate me. Actually, you have every right to. Because the father is--the father is..." she hesitates and stutters her words out.

"Spit it out." I said.

"Cody."

My mind gets clouds by thunder storms. Never, have I wanted to hear that name put loud again and especially not this way. Stupid assholes like him don't deserve to be with a girlfriend if they'll cheat on them. I speak from experience.

"Remember when I told you he cheated on you with Melanie." Alicia ranted.

I stayed silent. I knew what was coming.. I was so oblivious.

"It wasn't Melanie, it was me." She blurted out.

I swear a vein was popping out of my forehead and my face was burning with red. I clench my fists and grit my teeth. My toes scrunch up into a fury of anger. I ignore her and stomp back into the lunch room.

I sat down and Robert asks,"Are you okay?"

"Why? Was I supposed to be okay?" I snapped angrily.

"Sorry for asking.." He held up his hands in a surrender mode.

"Never mind, I'm hungry." I stuffed my face with mozzarella sticks slipped into the sauce.

I silently cried and put my head into my arms. I can't believe Alicia would do that to me.. I don't wanna be a god-mother anymore.

There was a silence ringing in my ears as I continued shoving food up my mouth until Robert randomly asked,

"What would you do if Cody wanted you back?"

A tornado of anger barged into my mind. Why? Why now?

I looked up from him only to reveal my angered eyes.

"Kick him in the testicles. The kid deserves it," I sighed. "And how do you know about him?"

"Rumor spreads fast."

__________________________

School started and vacation ended. That sucks, I know.. Ugh.

Well, next chapter will be in Soon. I'll remind you again later.

Anyways, I'm tired and I'm gonna eat cake. Buh-bye, munchkins!