Chapter 18 : So Close to... Death

Start from the beginning

'Do you know who this is?'

'It's Andrew, he's my sister's friend and was supposed to be mine too.' I explained nodding.

'Seems like Deus found out about you." he mumbled loud enough for me to hear. "Seems like they want to kill you again. You're not safe here, come live with me at my house that way I can protect you.'

'I can't, what about my family and school?'

'They won't attack your family, they have a policy about not harming innocent people. And for school, you can still go, but I'll be going too. I'm not leaving you alone anymore. I don't want to lose you, I don't want to pass another hundred years without you.' he explained. 'But if you'd like, I can ask some of my men to watch over them if you want.'

'You have people working for you?' I asked surprised.

'Yes, since you unsealed me, every one of my people knew and they tried to contact me since. I'm a King after all and you're my mate that have to stand beside me.' he smiled.

'I see, but what can I say to my mother to let me go?'

'Don't worry about that, everything's already arranged.'

'Seriously? Even for Jess?' I asked in disbelief and when he nodded, my mouth was wide open.

'Yes, everything's good, so go pack your things and let me handle the guy there.' he said making me realize Andrew was still unconscious on my bedroom's floor.

'What will you do to him?'

'Don't worry Love, I won't kill him.' he paused. 'Not yet anyway.'

Before I could answer, people started to appear inside my room. They all bowed to Cameron and they nodded as he said something in a foreign language, Latin. And I thought we couldn't speak this Latin anymore. The people that appeared took Andrew with them before disappearing again.

When Cameron turned around, his eyes were so cold and it screamed power. He was like another person with his subjects than when he was with me. Now, I started to understand a little more, why Deus wanted him dead.

'Cameron? Why does Deus want me? And what is Deus?'

This was when he realized he couldn't hide me from the truth anymore and started to explain. It seemed Deus wanted to use my power before I met Cameron in order to kill him and myself. However, they didn't plan that I would discover about him so soon and decided it was better to erase me first because, without me, the Daemons won't be as powerful than 700 years ago.

About my powers, if I trained enough, I'll be able to use my voice to control people actions. That was what Deus was after. But for now, my power would only manifest when my emotions were the stronger like when I was furious against Jess or nervous when I was with Cameron in the bath. The other power was more subtle, I was very charismatic. With just a few words, I could convince anyone to like or hate. As if I was controlling their thoughts.

These two powers were what Cameron gave me 700 years ago. He gave them to me, so I could protect myself, use other people to free me if I was kidnapped or something like that. However, that was 700 years ago, now Deus may have found a way to block my powers. We didn't know how far Deus evolved through the years, but they were prepared for this day. They were dangerous.

After the explanation, Cameron helped me to pack my stuff and we were off to Cameron's house again, but this time, we didn't take the car for precaution. We didn't want them to know where Cameron's house was. So, he teleported us, like people that appeared and disappeared from my room.

At his house, he insisted that I would sleep in the same room as him. It wasn't like I could really refuse since he already started to pack my clothes into the closet in his room. Plus, I could see how worried he was by being separated from me for more than eight hours.

'Cameron?' I asked as a question popped into my mind.

'Yes Love?' he hummed as he continued to cook something.

'How will you come at my school as a student if you look like a person in the twenties?' I blinked and I saw a younger Cameron in front of me. Now, he looked like a teenager.

'Better?' he asked his voice almost the same.

'How do you manage to do that in a blink of eye?' I asked in awe.

'Practice Love, if you practice you could order anyone around with only one word.' he explained as he started plating.

'Do you think I can have this power too?'

'I don't know... When I gave you your powers 700 years ago, I had to...' he hesitated. 'I had to kill you in order for you to become a Daemon too, but now since you've been reborn as a human, I guess we could. But we're not in a hurry.'

'You killed me once?!' I said shocked.

'It's more complicated than that, but yeah I'll have to kill you if you wish to become a Daemon and new powers may be awakened at the same time.' he explained and gave me my plate. 'Okay, let keep your death as far as possible for now and let's eat. I present you a plate of filet mignon on top of some risotto and baby carrots. Please enjoy.' he said with a smile.

When I looked down at my plate, I started to salivate. It looked so delicious. I took the knife and fork and cut a piece of meat. As soon as it went inside, I moaned. It was so flavourful and juicy and tender.

'I'm so lucky yet jealous. How can you be perfectly handsome and a so talented cook at the same time?' I moaned as I took another bite and I heard him chuckle.