"You deserve it. Let me know if you have any questions."

"I will."

I damn near ran out the office in excitement. Just when you think God has given up on you, he puts opportunities in your path.

My phone buzzed. It was a text from O.

O: Just picked up your tickets for the Auburn game. You know if I need you at no other game, I need you there. And it's gon be on ESPN to? You know your 3 finna show out.  😜

Damn. 😞
-----

"Is bae still mad at us or we good?" Brandon asked eating some of his burrito bowl.

He had met me after class to get something to eat. So we were sitting in Chipotle.

"He's not mad now. But I'm trying to figure out how to tell him I can't go to the game Saturday." I said eating some of my burrito.

Brandon looked at me. "You do know this is Auburn right?"

"Yes I know." I sighed.

"You do know Cameron Jerrell Newton went to Auburn, hence I already packed my bag so I could drive those six hours to breathe his same air."

"Brandon it's not like he's going to be there." I rolled my eyes eating.

"Bitch I don't care. To breathe his same air molecules is enough. On top of that, you know it's the biggest game of the season. And It's televised, these hoes will see me with my number 2 cam newton auburn jersey on."

"You go to LSU." I looked at him. Auburn was one of their biggest rivals which is why the game was so important.

"And? These hoes ain't gon be paying my bills, Cam is so...your point?" He took a bite of his food, looking at me like I dare you say something.

"Anyway, your Thot dreams have to be put on hold. I have a meeting with a lady from the Rhodes committee."

"Oh my God we finna be in England?" He said super geeked.

"Idiot. I don't know. She's going to meet with me, so we'll see."

"Bye Cam a bitch need that royal money. Now I got to plot on Prince Harry and get my white woman British accent together so I can blend in."

"You are such a golddigger." I laughed.

"Somebody got to pay these bills cause I'm sick of paying them. And that no good nigga I got always broke. So Imma need you to impress this lady so I can be in the Royal family."

"Oh my God." I shook my head. "But how am I gon to tell O. You know he's so sensitive about this stuff."

"Simple. Listen Daddy Dell we trying to get in the royal family ain't nobody got time for your lil game. So suck it up and keep it pushing."

I stale faced him.

"What? He a man. Shit. He can take it. NFL money ain't Royal money. And we trying to get Royal paid. Okay?"

"Can you be serious for once?"

"I am serious." He said eating looking at me.

I stale faced him.

"Just be honest. He should be able to understand that this is our dream to get to England. And if he can't, then oh well. Your life can't revolve around him. You ain't one of these hoes looking for a payday like me."

"I just have a feeling he's going to be upset. And I..." I sighed.

"What happened to your ass being a savage?" He stale faced me.

"I am. Don't get it twisted. I'm going to tell him. And if he can't handle it then..."

He turned his lips up at me like girl please.

"What? I ain't scared of no Odell. He knew what this was when we got together. He knew I had my own plans. That I wasn't signing up to be some football wife and that if I couldn't make it. I couldn't make. Shit. He's a man. He gon have to get over it." I said with confidence.

"Hey Odell." Brandon looked up.

My heart stopped and I slowly turned around.

"You fool." I threw a napkin at Brandon. Nobody was there.

He laughed. "Grow some balls and just tell him. He'll get over it."

B was right. There was only one thing to do. Simply tell him. Wish me luck
Y'all. 😩

How do you guys think O will
Take It?

And if you think bad, what do you think Kenya should do?