Casper sighed again, putting his head in between his legs, his hands at the back of his head and just breathed. There was a silence between them, the sounds of that stupid film and the others laughter filling it slightly. And then:

"Maybe..." Daisy started slowly as if contemplating if she should say it or not but continued anyway." Maybe you both do like each other."

Casper's head whipped up to look at Daisy, to shout at her, to tell her how credulous that was. He opened his mouth to say "no way" or "you're joking right?" but nothing came out. He sat there with his mouth open and his eyes wide looking at Daisy whose face was full of sudden discovery, because this could be real. This whole thing.

Casper finally closed his mouth and turned away, taking in what Daisy had said, her words settling in him. And it was ridiculous really: James Davidson, sworn enemy since he stole his Capri-sun in the playground in his adolescent-free youth. He hadn't expected the taller boy with the brown hair and green eyes to take any notice of small and puny him. He hadn't expected him to just whip his only source of hydration since breakfast away from his stubby little hands. Little Casper could do nothing but stare wide eyed as the evil little James smirked and drank the life out of his orange carton, squeezing until there was nothing left. Casper thought James fully expected the weak looking four year old just going on five to burst out in great big tears but instead Casper found a boiling rage that he'd never experienced before and pounced on the boy, kicking and screaming at him.

It took more than three faculty members to separate them and by then they had more than just a few scraps and bruises. Their other classmates were all but petrified. They'd both been sent to the head masters office and Casper was forced to sit on the chair directly opposite from James. They made a point not to acknowledge one another. James' parents came first, his mother came dashing followed quickly by his dad in and started on James straight away, shouting at him. James squirmed in his seat and Casper smiled smugly until he saw his own mother coming through the door with an exasperated look on her face mixed with worry. Casper's mum didn't shout at him like James' parents were but she didn't talk to him or try to clean his face, look at his wounds, or straighten his uniform like she usually did which was much worse.

Casper didn't remember much of the talk with the Head Master, just that it was incredibly boring and that he was forced to speak up sometimes saying he understood. He also was forced to say sorry to James and vice versa. He even had to shake his hand, the both made a point to wipe their hands on their tailored trousers in disgust, trying to rid themselves of a new found disease in front of them.

They hated each other ever since. Or at least, Casper thought they hated each other.

No definitely. Hate. Hate,hate,hate. Double hate and eternal loathing.

But then, you don't kiss a person you hate do you? Twice.

Casper let out a cry of frustrated anguish and rubbed his hand into his hair. He felt Daisy give him a soft pat on his back before he felt her shift and stand up. He lifting his head and watched her quizzically as she walked over to her TV and pressed the eject button.

There was uproar of protest, mostly from Logan.

"What the hell Daisy?" Logan moaned.

Daisy gave a flap of her hand in dismissal as she replaced that horrendous movie disk with another. When it was in she skipped back to her space with Casper, remote in hand.

She flipped through the adverts and when the menu sequence came up everyone groaned in unison.

"Mean Girls. Really?" Casper laughed.

"Speak to your woman, Hedge." Logan said." Seriously."

Hedgehog gave a side smile. "I'd rather she had her own independence but I'm slowly reconsidering if this continues."