Chapter 16 - Honeymoon Avenue

---Jessica POV

It didn’t take long to get the wedding organized considering Alex was sneaking around behind my back doing shit herself. I had even unconsciously selected our wedding cake and wine choices the same day she proposed to me. The bit of preparation we did have to do was nerve wrecking though.

I thought finding a wedding dress would have been easy since I helped Rachel find hers just a few months ago but it wasn’t. And I ended up finding myself in the same position she was in; trying on a million and one dresses until I found the perfect one. We decided to use red and white as our wedding color and the wedding planner said it was a great choice.

It wasn’t my first choice but since someone already had a teal and white wedding, I didn’t want to be a copycat. I even quit my job at the restaurant to show Alex that all her hard work and thoughtfulness didn’t go in vain. So, all that was left was to find a location for the reception—which we did—and to have the ceremony.

(A/N Pic on the side of Jess’ wedding dress)

“Jess—“Ashley poked her head into the dressing room, “They’re ready for us.” I nodded and took a deep breath. I didn’t know why I was feeling this nervous. Today was the day I’d be giving my all to the woman I loved more than anything. I should be excited, not scared. Ashley helped me lift my long red and white dress so I could walk without falling flat on my face and led me to the entrance of the building where the rest of my bridesmaids were.

They walked in pairs and eventually left me on my own outside with Ben. “I’m really proud of you Jessica.” I heard him whisper from beside me.

I linked our arms together and gave him a smile, “I’m happy you’re the one to give me away Ben. I’ve never seen my mother so happy before.”

“You two mean a lot to me and it’s an honor to be here today.” I gave him a quick hug then straightened up when the pianist began playing here comes the bride. Ben and I walked arm in arm down the aisle. I could see Alex shifting nervously the closer we got to her. Ben gave me a peck on the cheek and I made my way to the top, standing opposite her. My bridesmaids Ashley, Rachel, Sophie and Melanie looked adorable in their red off the shoulder dresses and I couldn’t help the wide smile I gave them when they all waved at me childishly.

The bishop or whoever he was began the ceremony, but all my attention was on Alex and how handsome she was looking in her black suit and red tie. How could this one person come into my life three years ago and make me this happy? I didn’t expect it at all considering the type of person she was before. But through it all, she managed to stay true to me and make me feel like I was the only one who could make her feel the way she feels.

“Jessica, your vows?” the bishop asked me. I guess I was in my own world for longer than I thought. This was basically the end of the ceremony. I didn’t even know what was going on. Vows, vows…vows? I didn’t bother to write any because I figured love would give me inspiration to say what I need to today.

“Alex,” I clasped my hands around hers; “You make me feel a way that no one has ever made me feel before. When I first met you, I really didn’t expect you to turn out the way you did today. We were young and to be honest I didn’t know how long I could keep you interested in me.” She gave me a curious look. “But as the years progressed I realized that I didn’t need to work on being perfect because you were here to stay. I love you with all my heart and standing here with you makes me the happiest person alive.” I ended. She smiled at me and I had to resist the urge to poke her dimple—I didn’t think it was the appropriate time for that.