Chapter 3

---Alex POV

I took up the cup of coffee and put the cover on while paying the cashier at Starbucks. It was now the middle of the week. Three days had passed since the misunderstanding that happened in the café and Jessica and I haven’t properly discussed the subject of me hiring Alison. Unfortunately, I only had till the end of the week to make my decision and my father already wants me over for dinner tonight to see how things are going.

I understand why she would be touchy about the subject, I mean Alison was my first love, the first person I actually settled down with. And in fact we didn’t even break up, Alison left with my money “because of circumstances”. So taking all of that into consideration, I can understand why Jessica might be a little disapproving but what choice do I have? All the other job applications that I’ve received for the position were complete shit and is nothing compared to Alison’s qualifications.

Taking out my keys, I pressed the button unlocking my car door. I placed my briefcase on the roof to free one of my hands in order to open my door and rest the coffee in the cup holder. I took the briefcase off the roof and tossed it in the seat beside me and sped out to the highway and off to work.

When I woke up this morning, Jessica was still sleeping peacefully cuddled in my arms. It pained me to slip out of bed and leave her there. I wanted to tell her bye but I couldn’t wake her, she was up half the night studying with Carmen.

I sighed and parked in my reserved parking space and headed up to the work building sipping my coffee careful not to burn my tongue off.

“Good morning Sir,” one of the workers greeted me.

I grinned at her, “Morning.”

I had no idea what her name is but we would be having a work picnic pretty soon and I would get to know most of the workers then. I walked into the elevator and pressed the up button and waited to hear the little bell that meant I was at the top floor.

“Morning Alex, missed you yesterday.” Clarissa said smirking.

I chuckled. She was one of the top flirts in the building but she was only messing around. Jessica scared the shit out of her this one time. I laughed thinking about it.

“Whats so funny?” She asked raising a brow.

“Oh nothing.” I grinned. “Any messaged for me?”

She nodded handing me a planner. “The most important meeting you have today is with Rob from Royal Pet Foods.”

I nodded and continued down the hall to my office.

I placed the briefcase down on my desk and took off the blazer jacket and threw it over my couch before heading to my seat behind the desk. I looked through the planner, setting reminders in my phone. The funny thing is, I didn’t need to be at work every day. In fact, I was only needed to meet and greet potential partners or persons who want a sponsor for an event or loans to start their own business that would somehow benefit my dad’s business. However, I liked to keep up to date on whats going on, I wanted to supervise and make sure everything is going how I want it to.

I guess if I got most of my work done today, I can take the rest of the week off; only coming in for our meeting that is held every Friday. Then maybe, maybe I could take Jessica out and we could finally talk about the Alison situation. I was so worried about what Jessica would say that I forget that my dad and Alison aren’t so friendly either.