Chapter 15 - The Proposal

---Jessica POV

Alex has been acting strange all week and it was starting to freak me out. Since she got home that night from her so called grocery shopping, she’s been acting even giddier than usual. I’m starting to think that she won the lottery or something and just doesn’t want me to know.

“Jessica, are you listening?” I snapped out of my thoughts and glanced up at Alex who was struggling with all of my bags. She hasn’t had a day off all week and we both were off today, she wanted us to do something together. As if seeing that I wasn’t paying much attention, she repeated herself. “I said, when I agreed to spending a day together I didn’t expect you to drag me to the mall just to carry all your bags.”

I rolled my eyes and took one of the bags from her, leaving her with three bags. “Happy?” I asked.

“Aww thanks babe, you’re so thoughtful.” She said sarcastically. I grinned and tiptoed to peck her lips as we made our way to the exit. I was nowhere near done shopping but Alex has convinced me to take a lunch break—for her sake—since she was the one doing all the hard work. After we packed the bags into the trunk, I got into the passenger seat beside her and she drove us to a pizza parlor. Of course the mall had a pizza parlor but the infamous Alex Richardson knew where sold the best pizza ever.

She drove for a while until we were deeper into the city, a few blocks away from her office. I glanced around as she found a parking space and opened the door for me. My eyes were searching for a sign that said pizza parlor or something but I never saw any. She dragged me down the street to a building; I didn’t even get to see the name because she pulled me inside quickly.

The restaurant was bare, literally. There was only one table in the center of the room with a circular dished covered atop it. The tablecloth was teal and the chairs were white, I don’t know why but I absolutely loved it. She pulled out one of the chairs then sat opposite me with a huge grin on her face.

“Where’s the rest of the restaurant?”

She gave me a sly smile. “I managed to convince the owner to let us have lunch here alone. That meant no extra furniture either, I don’t want them listening to our conversation.”

I let out a giggle at what she said. We watched beauty and the beast earlier this morning and every time Mrs. Teacup had a line, Alex would say something about hearing her furniture and kitchen utensils having late night conversations. Anyways, back to the task at hand. This was so adorable and the fact that Alex went through all this just for us to have a special lunch. She lifted the cover and revealed a large pepperoni and cheese pizza that really did look like the best pizza ever.

As lunch progressed, Alex got up quite a few times to get us some refreshments. It seems like she’s been here quite a few times because she knew where everything was. The third time she got up to get us a different bottle of wine that she wanted me to taste, I studied the restaurant. The room was painted white with light teal strips in the corners and on the counters. In short, it was amazing and I wouldn’t mind working here, just for the décor.

“Okay, this is the last one.” Alex sat opposite me once more and popped another bottle of wine open. She poured us both a glass then covered the bottle. I took a sip and let out a moan. This wine tasted like heaven.

“This one is by far the best.” I said voicing my thoughts. She grinned at me then scurried back into the kitchen. About five minutes later, she emerged with three small slices of cake. She handed me a fork and I dug into the first one. It was vanilla with a strawberry center. The cake tasted good, but It wouldn’t have been my first choice at a store.