Chapter 10

---Jessica POV

Glancing down I frowned at the image of myself in the mirror. There were marks all over my body from when we had sex yesterday. Thinking about it only made me angrier, the fact that she had the nerve to fucking sleep with me, knowing that this was going on. I left the bathroom and pulled my underwear on and began dressing for work.

I had slept in the guest bedroom last night and my phone vibrated like a million times when Alex was calling me but the dumbass didn’t even bother searching for me. After tying my shoelaces, I left the room and met Alex sitting at the table having breakfast with her fingers drumming on the face of her phone.

“Jessica, where have you been?”

“Does it really matter?” I asked annoyed. I wanted to give her a chance, to see if she’d actually tell me anything without me asking about it. Those pictures that I got last night were disturbing and the fact that I’m pretty sure Alison had something to do with it was ruining the bit of patience that I had left.

She stood up and walked towards me, her platinum blonde hair hanging over her forehead in the cutest way ever. I felt my heart squeeze in my chest and I literally felt like I was dying. How could she do this to me? Wasn’t I good enough for her? I took a step back and she stood there looking hurt.

I left out the condo without saying a word to her. She called after me a few times but when she saw that I wasn’t turning back, she let me leave. I couldn’t take it…being around her right now. I knew she was a promiscuous person back in our teenage years but she had never cheated on me. Or did she?

I was questioning everything now. How many girls did she sleep with? Did she still have feelings for Alison? What happens now? How long has this been going on?  I want to trust her, but how can I with all of these suspicious activities going on? I frowned pulling off the highway and turning into the employee parking lot at the restaurant.

When I got to the Staff only area, I pinned my hair up and splashed some water on my face, trying to relax my nerves. It wasn’t doing much though. My skin was pale and my eyes were droopy because I couldn’t sleep last night. No matter how much I tried, I couldn’t sleep without her and it hurt. It hurt because I’m probably going to have to get used to this feeling…sleeping without her.

My eyes were getting watery and that was the sign that I needed to get to work, I can’t dwell on this forever. The faster I get this over with, the faster I can move on. As much as I loved her—and I did—I couldn’t just stand by and play innocent housewife while she goes sleeping around with god knows who, then come home trying to sleep with me. It doesn’t work that way. I knew Alison was fucking trouble and even though I wanted to do things maturely, my anger was way past that point. She wanted to ruin us from the beginning; I just didn’t expect Alex to fall for her innocent act.

I left the employee room and headed to the kitchen. Slinging my apron on, I rolled my sleeves and put my hat on before beginning to prepare the meals for the day.

“Hey Jessica, you alright?” Carmen asked looking genuinely concerned. I shrugged her off and nodded, getting back to cutting onions. For whatever reason I didn’t trust her, she gave off a bad vibe. But who am I to judge? I’ve been sleeping with a liar for a while now anyways.

I chuckled but with no humor as I tossed the onions into the pan. Carmen raised a brow at me before turning back to her stove. I was chopping the vegetables with a vengeance, taking out all my frustration on those damn carrots and cabbages.