Chapter 9

---Alex POV

My heart was pounding in my chest like a bass drum as I basically shoved Alison out of my bed. She groaned and rolled over to look at me. This bitch sat up and yawned before smiling at me.

“Thanks for last night.” She said. I almost passed out.

“What the fuck Alison? Did we sleep together?” I basically yelled at her. She cringed and moved away.

“No, God… What type of person do you think I am?” She rolled her eyes getting dressed. “Last night I had a little too much to drink and you brought me back here because I didn’t have my room keys. You took your slacks off and climbed into bed and I did the same and we slept. That was all.”

I frowned. For someone who had too much to drink, she remembered a lot. Whereas I apparently was conscious enough to bring her back to my suite and I can’t remember shit that happened last night.

“We don’t need to tell anyone about this Alex.” She began. “Really, it’ll just cause unnecessary problems and nothing happened.” I didn’t respond, so she picked up her shit and left.

I sat there for about an hour before we had to check in, trying to piece my memory of last night back together but nothing was coming to me. Nothing. After that last drink, I remember watching the basketball game but my mind was blank.

We were at the airport checking in now and I still hadn’t said a word too anyone. I didn’t even say a word to myself, that’s how scared I was. Even though nothing happened how will Jessica take it? Will she actually believe me when I say nothing happened?

This whole thing is already so hard to believe. How the hell did I get myself into this mess?

We boarded the plane and I was seated all the way on the other side of the plane from Alison, which I was grateful for but it wasn’t far enough. The whole trip back to New York, I didn’t sleep, I didn’t talk, I didn’t even play games on my iPad. It was just me and my thoughts and figuring out how I’d tell Jessica that I slept with Alison.. without actually sleeping with her. The hours of flying went by like nothing and soon we were landed in New York City.

“Well… I’ll see you at work.” Alison said as she was getting into a taxi.

 I ignored her though; I couldn’t even work up a response right now. I flagged down my own taxi and headed home. Lifting the suitcase off the backseat, I headed to the door of the building then into the elevator. When I got to the top floor, I plastered a smile on my face and made my way to the door. I’ve decided to put whatever happened in London in the back of my mind for now.

As soon as I opened the door, the aroma of food being cooked filled my nostrils and I immediately felt ten times guiltier.

“Hey baby,” I saw her in the kitchen getting dinner ready. Her hair was pulled up into a messy bun and she was wearing shorts and a tank top.

“Oh my god, baby I missed you so much!” she hurried over to me and tiptoed to place a kiss on my lips. I gave her a small smile,

“I missed you too Jessica.”

She walked back into the kitchen, “You better. Yesterday when I got your message that the flight was delayed, I didn’t even know what to do myself.”

“Well I’m here now right?” I dropped the suitcase in a corner before changing out of my slacks into basketball shorts and my beater. I walked up behind her as she was chopping vegetables and wrapped my arms around her, resting my head on her shoulder.