I rolled my eyes. Actually I couldn't wait till his bday, because I was tired of giving the you know what's...

And he was starting to get super addicted. I'm sorry that is not going to be a normal thing. Just special occasions.  😷

I sat down on the couch and laid down. I turned the tv to BET. Chasing Destiny was on. I really liked that show.

"How was tutoring?" He asked.

"Okay." I left it at that.

"Just okay?"

"Yeah. I just don't really feel like talking about it right now."

"Why? They was giving you a hard time?" He looked over at me.

"No, I'm just tired baby. I just want to eat and go to sleep." I yawned.

"Daddy Dell got you."

"Don't start."

He chuckled. I heard the fridge open.  He closed it, then walked over to me and handed me the plate. I sat up.

"Odell what the hell is this?"

"Mac and Cheese. Some chicken thingys. rice and tortilla chips."

I looked at him. This had to be a joke. Prison food looked more appetizing than this hot mess of a struggle plate he fixed. And he want to have kids for me to live them alone with him, feeding my babies this mystery food? Uh... No.

"And here is a juice." He held both the plate and juice out to me.

"Odell." I stale faced him. "I'm not eating that."

"What you mean? Your man slave over a hot stove after he been at practice and class all day, and this how you repay him?"

"O this doesn't even go together. Tortilla chips what the hell?"

"I was being creative." He sat down next me, still trying to hand me the plate. "Just try it."

"No. You try it and then I'll try."

"Aight. I know it's good, caused I put a lot of love in this." He took the fork and got some of the rice.

He chewed. His face and the look of disgust said it all. He made himself swallow it.

"See." I laughed.

"The Mac is good tho." He took a fork and ate some of the Mac.

He damn near wanted to throw up, but he forced himself to swallow it.

"Taste just like yours if not better." He lied.

"And now for the chicken fritter." He picked up one of the chicken thingys he didn't even know what they were.

"Fritter?" I laughed. He made that up.

He tried to bite down on it, but it was too hard.

"I'll order you a pizza." He got up with his struggle plate.

"Yeah you do that." I laughed.

"That's just a minor set back. I'll get it one day." He said throwing the food away.

He got his phone and ordered me a pepperoni pizza, then sat on the couch.

I sat on his lap facing him. ""I appreciate the effort tho baby. That means far more than the struggle meal." I chuckled.

He shook his head. "You are so unappreciative."

"I said I appreciate the effort." I kissed his lips.

I debated whether I should tell him about Juice. I might as well. I didn't want him keeping secrets and it would do me no good to keep them.

"Baby, Juice is the new student I tutor. He said he was failing the class and it's one of the requirements for graduation."

I looked at him with the eyes of a lost puppy, hoping he wouldn't get mad.

He laughed. "Why you looking like that?"

"Because I don't want you to be mad."

"Why would I be mad, you doing your job. Just if he say something or do something out of line, let me know."

"I will. Thank you for understanding baby." I pecked his lips.

"Besides I'm too fine for you to cheat on me. You not crazy." He slyly raised his shirt to show his body. Like I was supposed to be impressed.

"Negro please." I kissed my teeth and rolled my eyes. "Let me meet Cam Newton."

He laughed.

"I was over Brandon house and he got this picture of Cam on his wall. And I was looking like "Yo Cam do look kinda good. Leave your nigga good. I guess Cam will have to share me and Brandon. We'll be living like Deray and his two girlfriends."

"You know what that works out. Because come draft day I was gonna leave you for Khloe anyway. She got that new body and all. Need a nigga to come test it out." He rubbed his beard cocky.

I gave him the stalest face I could.

"Oh that hurt didn't' it." He pinched me.

I hit him. "Just know you'll never be Cameron Jerrell Newton."

"First off he's a quarterback, I'm a wide receiver. Second off, who would want to be him with them little ass ears and big ass face."

"Oh my God." I bursted into laughter. "Wait till I tell Brandon. He is going to roast you. Don't talk about Cam. You a hater."

"Say what you want." He shrugged. "My ears normal tho."

"Anyway, go get my pizza Mr. Struggle Plate." I got off of him so he could pick up my pizza.

He got up and put on his shoes. He grabbed his keys. "Tell Cam, I was gonna call him but I knew he couldn't hear me because  of those midget ears."

"Goodbye hater."

He laughed and closed the door.