"I don't know. I guess I just wanted to see you."

"Awl! How sweet!" I pinched his cheek with my free hand. It was stubbley, but not in a slobby way, but in a rugged, mannly way.

"Yeah..." He stammered. I giggled at him as I took the flwors out of the plastic wrapping. The fac tthat they were already dethorned made me happy. I dropped them all into hte pitcher but one, which I wove into my wild curls.

"Are you ready?" He ashked when I was finished.

"I think so." I linked my arm with his, taking him by surprise. He let go of me.

"Then let's go." He lead me out the door and down the stairs. We rejoined arms when he got to the lobby.

"You two kids don't get too crazy." Made coughed from behind her desk. "And use protection."

"I don't think anything like that is going to happen tonight, Ms. Madge." I assured.

"You never know." She winked as we marched out of the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked after he pulled off the curb and started driving on the road.

"It's a surprise." He grinned.

"That's not fair! I put on a dress and got all sexy for you! I have a right to know!" I joked.

"I think you'll be ohkay. But trust me, you'll love it."

"Haha, fine, but if we're going back to Whimpy's, I'm jumping out of this car right now!" He loudly laughed.

"Trust me, we're not going there."

"Good!" He laughed again and then the car went silent.

"So, were you on the phone when I got there?"

"Um, no." I automatically said.

"Then who where you talking too?" Opps....What was I suppose to say to that?

"Um... I was pracitcing lines for a play."

"You act?"

"Um, yes."

"Cool. It's good to know that you weren't talking to yourself. You're not crazy or anythng, are you?"

"It depends on who you ask," I laughed, "But certified? Nah..." For some odd reason, he looked realived. "But my Auntie is!" His eyes widened. "But it's not hereditary!....at least, I hope it's not." I added.

"Well, that's good."

"Haha, yeah!" Again, another silence set in. I reached over and turned on the radio.

"Behind them, bushes!

Until I'm screaming for more!

Down the basement!

Lock the cellar door!

And baby....

Talk dirty to me!"

It sang loudly. I started to sing along.

"You know I call you! I call you on the telephone! I'm only wondering that your home! So I can hear you!"

"When you say...those...words....to...me! And whisper so softly!" He joined me. And for the rest of the way there, where ever there was, we rocked out to classic 80's.

.........................................................................................................................................................

"It's amazing!" I exclaimed as he pulled up to the restraunt. I read the awning over the door: Tom Aikens. It looked fancy. No wonder he wanted me to dress up.