Auntie Goes Home

Sarah Beth~

We went home after painting the Brew, tired and ready to shower. After showering, I joined Ashley in the sitting room, readying myself for the conversations I was about to start.

Auntie's request had been weighing heavy on my mind all day, when ever it wasn't concentrating on something else. Should I go live with her? After all, I owed her that much. She let me live with her for almost fifteen years. She cared for me an took care of me, and now she wanted me to do the same for her. Should I let my selfishness from the fact that I wanted to stay with Ashley ruin it for her? I didn't want to leave him, but Auntie needed me. Besides, it wasn't like we had to break up, just not live together anymore.

"Ashley, I need to talk to you." I said in a serious tone before sitting down beside him.

"Yeah?"

"When I visited Auntie today, she told me that she was being allowed to leave St. Mungo's, the hospital she's in."

"That's great!" He smiled and put his hand on mine. I could tell that he was struggling for something to say.

"Yeah, I know, but she's moving back into her old house, and she wants me to go with her." His smile faded as he realized how serious this conversation was going to be.

"Oh, what did you say?"

"I told her that I was staying with you." I replied. He looked relieved, but then I continued. "But now I'm not sure if I should .I mean, she's a sick woman, and she needs someone to care for her. I don't' want her living there alone." I looked around. He was quiet for a while, and then spoke.

"Well, I can see where you're coming from. I think you should do whatever you feel needs to be done. I will love you either way."

"I don't know. I want to stay here with you, but..."

"But you want to help your aunt. Is there something or someone you could hire ot care for her instead?"

"I'm not sure if she would like that."

"But you need to be happy, too."

"she needs to be happy more than I do. She's been in there for so long."

"All I am saying is that you need to accommodate for yourself as well. After all, what about the Brew and the band or if we get married-"

"Married?!" I interrupted. He blushed.

"or everything else, but it's up to you."

"Well, I suppose Rufus could stay with her. I could pay him, since the Shop has closed he's been looking for a job, anyway. This could be his new job. We just don't have to tell Auntie that. He's already like a son to her, anyway."

"Do you think that he would do it?"

"Maybe, but it might be hard for him. She still pushes for him and I to get together."

"You never know until you try."

"Yeah, you're right."

...............................

The day Auntie moved in, Rufus, Ashley, and I met her at the hospital. I didn't really want to take Ashley, but he insisted, saying that he wanted to break the barrier. They would have to at least tolerate each other if we were to stay together.

When we got to St. Mungo's, Ashley looked around, amazed. I could understand why, if all of the Muggle hospitals were like the doctor's office Ashley had made me go to; dull and terrifying.

I didn't ask for her, but instead just went to her no long room. Auntie was waiting for us, sitting on her bed with her hands folded in her lap. The door was already open, so I tapped on the door frame to show her I was here, and coming in. she happily hopped up as I came in, the two boys trialing behind me.