Winning The Bet

I got out of the large shower in our bedroom, grabbing a soft towel and wrapping it around my body. It was 4 o’clock, and Harry was still asleep. I had only woken up about an hour ago and laid in bed with him for a little until I eventually forced myself out of his grasp.

I thought about waking him up, but I knew he was exhausted. He had driven hours last night and hardly gotten any sleep the few days before because of our fight.

I wanted him to catch up on sleep so he could enjoy these next few days. I had already gone grocery shopping and when I woke up and bought a few things for dinner.

I also sweet talked the small business owner into letting me buy a bottle a wine, even though I technically wasn’t of age. It wasn’t hard. Everything in this tiny town was quiet and simple. It was everything that the North and South Side wasn’t.

“I threw on a pair of white shorts along with a tight black halter top that showed off my tan skin. I ran a brush through my wet, tangly hair and then started on my makeup.

After a few minutes I had on concealer, a thin stripe of liquid eyeliner on my upper lid, along with lengthening black mascara. It was nothing drastic, but enough to bring out the color of my eyes.

I walked out of the bathroom back into our bedroom to see Harry sitting up, rubbing his face. He was shirtless and his tattoos shined in the sunlight coming in from the window.

“You’re finally up,” I smiled as I went and sat next to him on the bed. He said nothing as he smiled and pulled me to him, kissing me hard. I smiled, kissing him back with all I had.

“What time is it?” He asked in a deep, sleepy voice. I glanced at the clock.

“Four thirty.” I said. Harry’s eyes widened.

“Holy shit. It’s almost evening.” He said. I nodded. “You could’ve woken me.”

“I only woke up a little while ago as well.” I shrugged. I stood up from the bed. “I bought some food at the grocery store to make us dinner. And I showered. I figured you could use some times to catch up on your sleep.”

Harry nodded, getting up from the bed. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

“I’m going to go start making dinner,” I said against his lips. He pressed his swollen lips against my temple, then my cheek, then my forehead.

“Are you sure you don’t want to shower with me?” He asked, smirking as I rolled my eyes.

“I’ve already showered, so you’ll have to go alone.” I replied, raising my eyebrows as he reluctantly let go of my waist. I turned and walked down the stairs of the small cabin, into the kitchen to start making dinner.

~ ~ ~ By seven, Harry and I were sitting on the back deck of the small cabin, overlooking the large lake that was being shined on by the sun setting. The sky was orange and pink, showing that it would be dark soon.

Our bowls of pasta, which I had made, laid on the table, completely eaten. A bottle of red wine was standing in the middle of the table along with two wine glasses half drunk.

We sat there, just talking about nothing and about everything. He told me stories of when he was young. While I told him stories about when I went to North Pacific.

We laughed, we smiled, we even cried from laughing so hard at some of the ridiculous stories. Harry even ventured to tell me a few of his sex stories. Some of which, were quite embarrassing.

“So I’m putting my pants back on, right?” Harry says in the middle of his stories. I nod, wanting to know what happened, as I took a sip from my wine glass. “And her dad walks in, with her grandma following in behind him!”