The Great Escape

"You don't think I trust you."

Blinking, I turn to face Lenny.

He isn't looking at me. Instead he's peering down the hallway Chronos just left.

"Yes and no," I answer simply, "No I don't think you trust me with everything. But yes I'd like to think you tell me most things."

"You're not wrong," Snart mutters distractedly.

"Really?" I snap sarcastically, "I never would've guessed, Leonard. Oh wait I did because unlike you I'm not a complete idiot who cares more about saving his own-"

"I need your help."

My mouth snaps shut for a moment as I glare at him.

Snart's blue eyes stare back at me, full of a determination.

"I know you're pissed, Karoline," he says quietly, "You have every right to be. But right now I need you to look past that and work with me. Just, just, pretend we're partners, casing a job."

I bite my lip feeling a pang shoot through me.

Partners. We haven't been criminal partners since the particle accelerator explosion.

For good reasons, my mind tells me angrily.

Nodding silently, I push my anger deep down.

I need to focus.

You can punch him when you're free.

A slight smirk makes its way onto my lips at that thought.

"What do you need?" I ask tiredly.

Snart looks back over his shoulder down the hallway.

"Pull yourself down there. It's where Mick-Chronos-," Snart corrects himself emotionlessly, "-got his gun. It's most likely where-"

"He's keeping the other weapons," I finish thoughtfully.

Snart nods, sending me a quick searching look.

I shrug at him.

"Worth a shot," I smirk as I wriggle myself into an upright position.

My wrists sting painfully and I have to maneuver them sideways so I can slide the cuffs along the handrail I'm chained to.

Rattling noises echo around the small hallway as Snart and I both force ourselves down it.

"Uh oh," I mutter.

There's a vertical silver crossbeam that is attached to the horizontal handrail effectively blocking my escape.

Snart swears beside me as I study the bar carefully.

"It's weak," I concludes after a cursory glance at it before looking over at his, "With enough force we can-"

SNAP

"Do that?" Snart asks cockily as the broken piece of metal hangs sadly beside him.

He had slammed his cuffs into the bar effectively destroying the bar.

I roll my eyes but mirror his motions.

The bar snaps but the toll it leaves on my hands makes me cringe. As I slide my hand over the bar part of my cuff gets stuck.

"Blast," I growl pushing against it.

SNAP

Snart glances over his shoulder at me and notices I've fallen behind.