Crooked Analogies

Before he has time to react I swiftly turn towards the door to the control room and walk through.

I'm greeted by an irritated looking Lenny and a conflicted Raymond.

"Well that was informative," I say grinning slightly.

Both men send me quizzical looks.

"For you maybe, it just left me with more questions," Ray states as he rubs the back of his head with his hand, "Like where is Savage keeping Kimmy? Or why hasn't Quincy been searching for her? Or why hasn't he just pretended to be Savage's right hand man then pull a Snape and double cross him?"

I hold up a hand to stop him.

"Hang on a second, did you just say "Pull a Snape"?" I say slowly.

"Snape was a double agent and so I, uh, thought it, um, worked," Ray shrugs wincing slightly, "I'll take that as a no then?"

"No it doesn't work," I say pinching the bridge of my nose, "Not at all."

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear any of that," Snart mumbles grouchily, "Every single time you open your mouth, Boyscout, another of my brain cells dies a horribly painful death."

"Well then you must not have much time left to live," Ray retorts.

"Because you never shut your mouth?"

"Actually I was referring to the size of your brain!"

"BOYS! SHUT UP!" I roar pushing the two apart, "Can we just move on and worry about bigger problems like oh I don't know maybe what Savage plans to do to Jax?"

Ray has the decency to look abashed while Snart just lets out a long sigh, massaging his temples.

"He's holding him hostage. Most likely with the chick your dad has a thing for," Snart growls jerking a thumb towards the door.

"And you know that how?" I say skeptically.

"I'm a criminal, Princess," Snart says smiling sarcastically at me, "We all think alike."

Ray snorts derisively causing Snart to whip around.

"You have a better guess Raymond? I'm ever so eager to hear your brilliant theory-Wait no I'm not," Snart says with a smirk.

Ray ignores him and focuses his attention on me.

"We have to tell the others so we can get a rescue mission-"

Snart audibly groans but Ray steamrolls ahead.

"-slash assassination attempt going!"

I sigh and cross my arms, leaning back against the wall.

"Okay, go tell Rip to get everyone to meet in his office."

Ray nods and slips through the doorway into the hallway.

I close my eyes and slide to the floor with a long moan.

Rip is going to want to go all out on this mission. Save Jax, Kill Savage, Get Out. Who knows, we could do this. But I doubt all of us will get out alive if we do.

The sound of of clothing rustling brings me out of my thoughts and I turn my head to look at Lenny.

He's kneeling beside me a grim look painted across his features. He needs a shave but it looks good on him. It fits well with his buzz cut. Almost like prison convict with a dash of rogue mixed in.

"Take it from me, Princess," he states slowly; his eyes fixated on the wall behind my head, "This isn't going to end well. Rip's going to come up with an elaborate plan and its going to blow up in his face."