Cellmates Once Again

^Is this a thing? Cause I might do it...

Kari!"

I groan and slowly turn onto my side blinking in the sudden dimness of my new surroundings.

"Why are you so excited? It's only been two minutes since we last saw her," Snart states irritably.

"Dude she's your girlfriend! You should be more worried than me!" Jax retorts fiercely from somewhere ahead of me.

The room slowly comes into view and that's when I realize I'm in a cell. It's a glass room that's completely sealed in and connected another cell.

"Some people don't wear their heart on their sleeve," Snart replies coolly, sending Ray a pointed look.

Ray glares back.

"Why are you looking at me?"

"Oh I don't know," Snart says airily as Jax coughs sharply into his hand; "Kendra!"

Ray jumps to his feet.

"Ray don't start," I groan, "It's not worth it."

"Welcome back to the land of the living, Princess," Snart calls from the cell beside me, "Nice of you to join us. Oh wait that reminds me, this was your fault."

"Nice to see you too, Lenny," I moan and fall back onto my side.

Blinking tiredly in the dimness if the room, I notice that the glass cell is adjacent to the one housing Snart. Jax is across a small metal walkway from me and next to him is Ray.

"Rip's plan could not have gone worse," Jax grumbles.

"No thanks to you," Snart snaps back.

"Are you kidding?" Ray cries, "You were the second one to get caught! You were like a sitting duck!"

"Remind me what you were doing, Palmer?" Snart replies in a dangerously low voice.

"I was-"

"BOYS SHUT UP!" I roar.

My brain is still slightly foggy from whatever it was that The Pilgrim shot at us.

"Look," I begin slowly. "We got caught."

"Great observation," Snart grumbles.

I'm too tired to even shoot him a look.

"But this is what we needed. A free ride to the Time Masters. We can explain what's up with Savage and have them kill him or break out and get back to killing him ourselves."

"That's a great plan," Snart scoffs. "Except for the minor detail of how we're supposed to break out of a place we've never been."

"You won't."

Our heads turn to face the new arrival.

But there isn't one.

"Gideon?" Ray asks in confusion.

He's right. The voice is similar to the A.I. just aitch off. That's when I remember that all Time Master' ships have the A.I's.

Greg's (the A.I. from Chronos' ship) voice floats into my head and my stomach twists. That trip was not fun whatsoever.

"It's not her, Ray," I say quietly.

"But-"

"You're quite right, Miss Jones," the A.I. agrees. "I am not Gideon. I am Gabriel."

"Something tells me you ain't a guardian angel," Snart mutters.

"My mission is to take you to the Time Masters and present you for incarceration," Not Gideon says, ignoring Snart.

"Yeah, that sounds great and all but escaping sounds just as sweet," Jax replies as he gets to his feet. His eyes scan all three of us, set with determination. "It's obvious they don't wanna talk stuff out so who's got a plan?"

I shrug and look to Snart who smirks at Ray.

"Your turn, Boyscout."

Ray looks as though he's about to hit the glass cell wall but ends up just placing his hand against it.

"It was Eagle Scout," he says coldly.

"I don't care."

Ray's fingers ball into a fist and I can sense an argument brewing.

"Boys-"

"I'm so sick of you acting like this!" Ray snaps angrily at Snart. He turns to look at him, fierce determination set in his eyes. "Why do you bother trying to hide behind coldness? It isn't hiding anything. I can see you're changing! Everyone can! So quit trying to be a-a-a-"

"A what?" Snart asks calmly.

"A villain!" Ray huffs.

Snart chuckles to himself and glances at me before looking back at Ray. His eyes are like glittering diamonds, beautiful but hard.

Jax steps back, sensing the battle close at hand. And he doesn't even try to stop it.

A loud noise echoes through the room as Snart slams his fist into the glass in front of him. The sound reverberates around the room, the glass shaking slightly.

"I will never be a hero."

Ray smiles.

"You're already well on your way," he grins triumphantly.

The absolute fury in Snart's eyes is scaring even me at this point.

"Ray," I say placatingly, "Lay off for a bit."

Ray's eyes snap to me.

"Why Kari? He knows it's true! So why does he deny it?"

"Because it's not true," Snart growls. His blue eyes are filled with a torrent of fury. "SO QUIT SAYING IT!"

"BUT IT'S TRUE!"

"NO IT'S NOT!"

"RAY! SNART! STOP!"

"GUYS SHUT UP!" Jax bellows. His eyes aren't on the two angry men but rather on the edges of his cell.

A light blue mist is slowly seeping through the folds of the glass quickly beginning to fill the cell.

"What the-"

"They're gassing us to keep us quiet," Snart says, sitting back down. He shoots is all an uncaring look before narrowing his eyes at Ray. "It's what I would've done in their shoes."

Ray glares back before wrenching off his jacket and attempting to block the current of gas. He immediately starts coughing.

"Guys, what-what if we get sep-separated?" Jax asks hazily.

My own thoughts start to fog as I stumble towards the back corner my cell. Everything is fuzzy, voices, names. Man this really sucks.

"Maybe, they'll p-p-put us together-r-r if we ask-k nicely," I slur.

Snart slumps to the floor in the cell beside me, his head on his shoulder.

A few other noises echo through the ship as the other two collapse.

I crawl towards where I can see Snart's back reflected against the glass and rest my back parallel to his. My eyes blink heavily before closing. My last sight is the blue cloud hiding my feet from view.

AN-
I'm sorry for the slow updates! But I am trying to update relatively soon to when I have the new chapters written. I know it's slow...but school and other stuff has to come first.

Thank you for your patience and as always comment your thoughts!