No Loose Ends

"Done," I say dropping the scarlet stained sponge to the floor.

Kendra sighs heavily and tries unsuccessfully to peer over her shoulder at her wings.

"Oh," she says wrinkling her nose in disgust, "Oh that's just gross."

I glance down and the floor and have to agree with her. Crimson colored feather shards litter the tiles and spots of blood have sprinkled the floor.

"We need a mop," Kendra says looking back up at me.

I shrug and wince as my shoulder burns.

"Go ahead. I wanna see what the others are up too," I say my eyes flitting to the door.

Ray had come in once while I had been trying to bandage Kendra's wing. He had informed us that the others had escaped the Acheron and the captain had even given them a drive to help us find Savage. When we asked him what everyone was planning to do with Mick he just shrugged.

"Rip will figure it out," he had said.

Yeah because Rip always had the greatest of ideas. I'm sure Carter would agree that Rip's plans suck but he can't exactly seeing as he's dead.

And I'm still pissed about how Rip lied to get us all to come on this idiotic killing spree anyway. Honestly I think we've just screwed with the timeline instead of doing anything useful.

No wonder we have Boba Fett chasing us. Funnily enough I have no idea why he's trying to kill us because sooner or later we're going to end up killing our younger selves by accident.

"Captain Hunter requires everyone up on the main deck apart from Mr. Rory," Gideon calls over the coms.

I turn to Kendra and nod at the door.

"Coming?"

She sends one last guilty look at the blood stained floor before walking over towards me.

"Someone will clean it up," she says sounding as though she's trying to convince herself, "Right?"

"Nope," I reply briskly.

*Captain Hunter's "Office"*

"Remind me again why can't we just ditch Mr. Rory back in 2016?"

"Because my sister lives in 2016. Along with your mum, your sister and your wife," Snart says glaring pointedly around at everyone.

I let out a sigh and close my eyes.

We've been here for twenty minutes bickering back and forth. What do we do with Mick? Kill him? Ditch him in another time?

The only thing we've all agreed on is that he can't stay locked in the cargo hold.

Oddly enough Rip dropped out of the conversation a while ago and sat down. He's staring across the glass table absentmindedly stroking his short beard. His brown eyes are focused on the wall across from him but he's not taking in one word of the poster from WWII.

He already knows what he's going to do...

Rip senses he's being watched and swivels his head around to face me. I narrow my eyes trying to read his expression.

He swiftly looks away and stands to his feet staring directly at Snart.

"We can't keep him here any longer. Mr. Rory poses too much of a risk to the team."

My heart drops like a stone.

He doesn't just want Mick gone. He wants him dead.

Rip's dark orbs harden as he continues staring at Snart.

"We are now at the Vanishing Point therefore I suggest we -"

"I'll take care of it," Snart interrupts.

My eyes flick to him and I can see his face become an emotionless mask in the span of .3 seconds. He refuses to make eye contact with me and stiffly walks off towards our makeshift brig.

I start to take a step after him when Rip clears his throat.

I'm about to ignore him right then and there to go after Lenny when he says my name.

"Kari."

I blink.

Rip barely ever used our names. Come to think of it he has never called me Kari let alone Karoline.

He's distracting you.

My mouth dries as I slowly glance over at Rip. He seems nervous but masks it well as he clasps his hands around his back; turning to face the others.

"Would you all please step out so I may have a private word with Miss Jones?"

"As you wish, Mr. Hunter," Stein says being the first to step out closely followed by Kendra and Raymond.

Sara is next and she sends me a quick searching look before slipping out. Jax smiles encouragingly at me and follows her.

With everyone gone Rip turns to face me his coat swishing about his ankles. Dark eyes find mine filled with trepidation.

"Look Rip, whatever you're going to say do it in the next four seconds before I-"

"I have been looking over the information given us from the Acheron," Rip interrupts sliding his fingers across the table.

A screen appears with a folder entitled "Vandal Savage" written across it.

"So?" I question in a slightly impatient tone.

This is an utter waste of my time.

"Therefore," Rip continues; flicking open the virtual folder, "I have discovered, with Gideon's help,-"

Get on with it, Rip, I mentally snarl.

"-the location of one of Savage's next appearances," Rip concludes staring up at me.

I raise an eyebrow contemptuously and glance towards the door.

"What does this have to do with me?"

Rip's sigh is cut off by the door to the Deck sliding open. A ruffled looking Snart strides back in and I feel my chest contract as our eyes meet.

"You are familiar with Regal City, correct?" Rip's voice says interrupting my silent conversation.

Snart tears his eyes away and plows past Sara towards his room.

"Y-y- No," I finish looking back at Rip, "No I don't know about Redneck City and personally don't give a-"

"Regal City," Rip says interrupting me again.

He really has got a knack for that.

"Is not the city's most recent title. The name the city goes by now is Artemisia City," Rip says softly.

My mouth dries and I can feel sweat begin to stick to my palms.

"A-Artemisia?" I croak, "W-what y-year?"

"1979."

24 years after my father was born. He would be there.

He will be there, I mentally correct myself.

A younger, happier, soon to be married (give or take 4 years), not mentally unhinged (yet) version of my father.

A long sigh escaped my mouth as I stare back at Rip.

"You're worried that I'll kill my father prematurely," I state coldly.

Rip shakes his head.

"I'm worried Savage will first."

AN-
Ooooookaaaaay! So I have the next couple chapters pretty much mapped out and I know what the heck I'm doing! (Most likely) I'm going off script (gasp) and skipping the one or two episodes about the quaint little (racist) town to do my own story! Because reasons! Haha in reality I just want to! This better work out...it will! Hopefully...yes? Idk...

Comment whether or not this is a good idea! 😂

SEVEN DAYS TILL CIVIL WAR PEOPLE!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
-LM