Chapter Three

UNEDITED

     She did not dare move a muscle, swiftly closing her eyes, seeing as the growl was behind her. Keeping her breathing as normal as possible, she waited for the creature to appear. After several low growls and sniffing, she concluded that there was a small pack around her.

     Curling her toes in her boots was the only thing she could do without them seeing, she almost bolted when she felt their footfalls vibrate through the ground, near her head. A long minute passed before hushed voices were heard.

     " I ain't eva seen hair like that, Tuma, can I keep it?" An accented voice said softly, with wonder.

     "Fuckin' hell, what is wrong with you boy?" A stronger, more dominant.

"What do ya mean," the other man scoffed.

      "We can't keep her, remember the bounty for red heads? Bring any in and we will still receive some cash even if it isn't her." The deeper voiced man reasoned.

"Yeah, yeah." A hyena giggle sounded, internally she rolled her eyes at the ridiculous sound.

Without warning, two sets of clammy hands held her down, causing her eyes to fly open. She was greeted with an unkindly sight. A pair of Wolves grinned down at her, and all she could think was that they were the ugliest Wolves she had ever seen.

     A strong, calloused hand wrapped around her slender throat, halting her movements. She knew she could easily escape from their hold, but they were Wolves, one of the few who ever managed to get close to her, and her being unwilling. There was no way she kill the Wolves without being affected, the Wolves were quick to act, thus her possibly being injured.

"Atta girl." The broader Wolf chuckled as he hauled her up onto her feet.

Rhys narrowed her eyes, not liking the tone they used. Her hands itched for the familiar warmth of electricity flowing through them. Grinding her teeth she sent a murderous glare to the pair of mutts.

     Hot pain was imprinted on her cheek in the shape of a hand. Clenching her jaw, she reeled in all self restraint possible and tried to hold it together. With wide eyes she watched as the skies rumbled with her ghastly promise of murder and justice for herself. Rhys blocked out the sounds of the snickering Wolves and focused on not unleashing all hell.

"Up and atta." One grabbed her thick hair, hauling her up back it, tears of pain threatened to spill over her eyes, but pure, unadulterated hatred was all she felt.

"Aye, aye, stop being so rough on the bitch." The seemingly gentler one said. Rhys knew that in the Wolf world that female's were commonly referred to as bitches, but it did not lessen the anger she felt. They could at least get it right with her, she was not a female dog in heat.

      "Ya right, Tuma." The shorter male suddenly grabbed her by the neck, leaning down to talk directly into her ear. "But know this, it you try to run, I'll gut you, balls to belly." He hissed. She refrained from releasing a snort of incredulity.

      "Loan, she donna have balls." She could practically see the unspoken words from the one called 'Tuma', the male obviously thought his companion was a dumbass.