Prologue

Unedited

         2920 days.

        2920 days she has lived in a new world, ruled by Wolves.

         2920 days she has hidden from them.

         2920 days, she has decided it has been too long.

        In 2037 they made their presence known, causing World World III to erupt, demolishing the world that humans once knew as their home. It all began in London, the great city had fallen to the beasts in a matter of days, unknowingly having them in high places of power.

       There, a beast known as Tam-Lin Rooser grasped a hold of the city, turning it into a powerhouse for Wolves. It wasn't a week after, until American Forces decided they would bomb the city, not thinking of the consequences it would have. Millions of humans and beasts alike perished at the hand of America, causing an uproar of Wolves their way.

      The American Wolves slaughtered any person in power, for revenge of their kindred wolves. Thus leaving petrified humans in their wake, but many rebelling against them. Riots of all kinds broke out through the great country, cities were destroyed and lives were lost.

      In all this time, she silently observed at the tender age of nine, not fully understanding what exactly was going on. Her mother was a fighter, a rare kind of person, someone who had magic in their veins, allowing her to be known as a Banshee. A cursed woman that gave a literal breathtaking scream, stopping any creature miles away. This strange anomaly enabled her mother to protect to protect her as long as she did.

       1095 days passed until the screams of the Banshee could be heard no more.

       1095 days had passed until the war ended.

      1095 days passed until she truly lost everything.

      She was only twelve when it happened. She was playing out in a forgotten meadow, far from her home, despite her mother's rules to not go pass the abandoned barn by their home far from civilization.

       She knew she wasn't supposed to go as far as she did, yet her curiosity and love for the forest drew her in deeper and deeper until she found the beautiful meadow. It was a change from sharp, rusted metal to knee high grass. Born and raised in a ruined city, they didn't move until the war was almost over, but it caused it to come closer to their home.

         Her young eyes were full of wonder as she took in the abundance of  greenery, immediately running through the thick cluster of flower with her arms spread wide, just brushing the tops of them. Lost in her own world, she did not see the creature that lurked in the shadows, watching her silently. Only until it revealed itself did she notice it.

        She had seen one of them once before, when it was tearing apart her mother's friend for stealing an apple in the market. She stood, frozen with fear as she watch the six foot tall beast prowl towards her, it's brown eyes shone from the mid days sun's rays. It had dark brown coloring, border lining black, it's fur was a shaggy mess.

        Standing five feet away from her, it made it's move, effectively pining her to the ground. A shrill scream tore from her throat, making the beast whine and pin it's ears back. Pulling its lips back, it displayed a full set of wick teeth, quickly quieting her. Fat tears rolled out from her eyes, she knew today was her time, but she didn't want to leave her mother alone.

         A looming shadow stood over the pair, making her close her eyes quickly, for see did not want to see it coming.

       A large hand swept her across forehead, her cerulean blue opened in confusion, meeting a pair of brown eyes that she found on the wolf. A man with longish brown hair that curled at the nape, helped her up, flashing her a bright smile.

       "It's s'okay now, lil' bit." His voice was rough, as if it hadn't been used in a long time.

       Looking around she saw a blonde haired man looking at the two warily, as if they would attack one another.

        "Caspian, back off. You've scared the child enough. We need to go now." The blonde said, rushed.

        "No." The man — beast — Caspian, growled out, causing her to shy away. Which caused him to coo soft comforting words to her.

        "This is her territory, this is her child, there's no telling what she'll do to us!" Blondie tugged at his hair, shuffling on his feet in discomfort.

        "Then why are you here?" The girl nearly cried in relief, the comforting voice of her mother sounded out, catching them all by surprise.

         Jumping to her feet, she start to run towards her mother, only to be pulled back by the dark haired man. A meek sound of confusion and despair clawed out of her throat as she looked towards her mother in utter fear.

         Her mother's eyes, her eyes, looked at her in a slight panic, her long red hair flowed around her like flames. She watched as a venomous anger resided in her mother's eyes.

       "Let her go." Her mother ground out.

        "Never." The dark haired man replied simply as he pulled her closer to his bare skin, hoisting her into his arms.

        "Caspian, just give her up." His companion hissed, terror blazed in his eyes.

        Before any one could reply, she started to hit the man, screaming at him to let her go. And in his shock, he did. Then her mother made her move, screaming at her only child to run. A deep wail sounded as the girl scanned to her feet and dashed into the forest, then a shrill sound of sirens soon followed, but she knew that was her mother.

          But it became silent all too soon, a strangle sob escaped her throat as she came into view of her home. She knew what had happened.

          She hurriedly grabbed her bag by the door and shoved any loose money and clothes lying around into it, along with food. Yanking the keys off of the string nailed onto the kitchen wall, she ran towards the old beaten up truck. As it roared to life, something stirred in her.

       She knew it bound to happen sooner or later, the magic in her blood had came to life. And she had a feeling it wasn't going to be as simple as her mother's screams.

        Because one thing the Beasts forgot to mention was that there were others out there, an ancient race of people who were born with different abilities, something that was few and far between.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright my dudes, I am greatly excited for this book to start. This is just the prologue, so it's gonna be short. If you've read Unchained, I will probably update the two at the same time. So you people know the routine —

VOTE. COMMENT. LOVE GOATS.