The Vampire Prince and Me - Part 18

Start from the beginning

He pouted. "Can I please just see it?" He whined.

I shook my head. "Nope! You won't let me see my present so I won't let you see yours."

Damon narrowed his eyes, but smiled. "Fine. But you have to show me my present first tomorrow."

"Okay, fine, but you'll only get to see it at night."

"Fine by me. I'll be waiting." He smirked and crept out of the room.

"You're a creep, you know that?" I said, watching as he disappered outside. I only heard his laughter an the door closing.

Phew, that was close. I breathed a sigh of relief and folded the clothes. I went to the back of the closet and pushed some dresses aside. I set the clothes down on the floor and let the dresses go. They slid back into place, hiding my present to Damon.

I smiled and was about to stand up when something to my right caught my eye. I frowned. Did something just move between those dresses?

I leaned forward and slowly pushed the dresses away.

My breath caught in my throat as I looked at the man sitting in my closet watching me with a smile on his face. He was crouching down with his arms resting on his legs, staring at me while I stared at him. He had shaggy, brown hair, was really tan, and I had to admit, was kinda hot.

"Hello Lilly." He said, cocking his head to one side, a predatory smile on his face. But it was his eyes that scared me. They were bright red.

My eyes widened and I screamed, falling back. The dresses I had been holding aside flew back into place, covering the man once again.

The door flew open and I was rushed into someone's arms. I could feel myself shaking.

"What's wrong?" Damon asked, brushing my hair out of my face. "Its okay, I'm here. Calm down."

I swallowed hard and lifted a shaky hand towards the dresses. I pointed and said, "A-a man. He-he knows my name."

I probably didn't make any sense, but Damon set me down behind him and pushed the dresses aside. There was no one there.

"There's no one here." Damon said, looking at me worried. "Are you sure there was someone in here? Maybe you're just imagining things. I mean, that nightmare did freak you out and-"

"I'm not crazy," I said sharply, cutting him off. "I know I didn't imagine it. He was just sitting there and he smiled at me and said my name and-"

"It's okay," Damon said, picking me up. "Why don't we just put you into a nice, warm bath and i'll get someone to make you some soup, okay?"

I nodded, feeling like he didn't believe me at all. Damon carried me into the bathroom and set me on the edge of the tub. He turned the water on and watched it fill the bathtub.

"Damon," I said. He turned to look at me. "Do you think I'm crazy?" I asked quietly, not looking him in the eye.

He smiled and wrapped his arms around me. "Not at all." He tilted my chin up and lowered his head to kiss me. I rest my hands on his chest and leaned forward to meet his kiss. Our lips met softly and it turned passionate with our tounges entwined and our hands exploring. We broke away, both of us breathing heavily.

"I love you." I said, laying my head on his chest.

"I love you, too. So much you can't imagine." Damon said, kissing my forehead. I looked up to see his green eyes looking so soft, so delicate, so loving.

"Damon," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and burying my face in it. "I love you. Don't ever leave me."

His arms tightened. "I couldn't even if I tried."

Suddenly I felt something wet on my butt. I pulled away from Damon and looked down. The tub was overfilling with water.

"Oops," Damon muttered, turning the water off. He swept his hand in a small motion and the extra water dissappered. He stood up and said, "I'll leve you to your privacy. Call me if you need me."

I nodded and he left. I undressed quickly and sank into the water after adding a bubble mix that smelled like lavender.

I still couldn't believe what I saw in my closet. A man, just sitting there. He seemed so, so- so dangerous. But from what? His smile? His eyes?

I gasped and sat up in the water. His eyes. His eyes had been red.

Just like Damon's when he was possessed.

"Damon!" I yelled, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around myself as I got out of the tub. Damon burst into the bathroom, looking around frantically. "What's wrong?"

"You remember that man I told you about? The one in my closet? Yeah, well his eyes were red." I said, holding the towel up with both hands. I was shivering and standing in my own puddle of bathwater, but I didn't care.

"So?" Damon asked, relaxing slightly.

"So?! What do you mean 'so'?! This guy was the one who possessed you!" I exclaimed. Damon immediatly went stiff.

"Are you sure? What did he look like?" Damon asked.

I thought back a short while ago. "He was really tan. And, and he had brown hair that was really messy and red eyes. Come to think of it, he looked a little like-"

"Vincent." Damon said, clenching a fist.

I shook my head. "It wasn't Vincent. But he looked-"

"Vincent's brother. Xavier."

"Vincent has a brother?" I asked, frowning.

"Yes, I have a brother."

Damon and I both looked towards the door. Vincent was standing there watching us, a pained expression on his face. "Damon, I didn't mean to." He said, taking a step towards us.

In a flash, Vincent was pinned to the wall by Damon's hand around his throat. "Didnt mean to what?" Damon growled in his face.

"Xavier. He-he found out about-about her." Vincent choked out, looking towards me.

"So what if he knows?! He's got hundreds of other women." Damon said, slamming Vincent's head into the wall.

"Damon, stop!" I exclaimed as I saw blood smear from the back of Vincent's head onto the wall. Damon dropped Vincent and Vincent fell onto the floor.

Damon was by my side in a flash, wrapping another towel around my shoulders. "I'm sorry," He said, pulling me into his arms.

"He wants her." Vincent said, standing up. "And he'll do anything to get her."