The Vampire Prince and Me - Part 18

Today is Christmas Eve and I still haven't found something to wear. I was sitting in my closet, staring at all my clothes. Damon was somewhere in the castle, giving me my privacy.

Christmas carols were playing all throughout the castle and right now, I could hear 'Walking in a Winter Wonderland playing. I hummed along, pulling dress after dress off the racks.

"No. No. No! Ugh! I can't find anything to wear!" I exclaimed, throwing yet another dress over my shoulder.

"Um, excuse me, miss?" Came a small voice behind me. I looke over my shoulder to see one of the maids standing at the door.

"Yes?" I asked, picking up the dresses from the floor. The maid stopped me and pulled them from my hands. "I'll get those." She said, putting them back on the racks.

"I couldn't help but overhear you." The maid said as she cleaned up the mess I made. "But if you can't find anything to wear, why don't you just make something?"

I frowned. "I can't make clothes. I don't even know how to sew."

The maid shook her head. "Not sewing. Magic. You know, like the master does."

"The master? You mean Damon?"

The maid nodded. "Yes, of course. Master Damon. Or Prince Damon, whichever. But you can just make a dress instead of looking for one."

I thought about it. "Okay, uh, thanks. I'll try it."

She bowed her head and left.

Magic, huh? I only tried it once, but maybe it could work again. But how do I make it work? All I remember from the books I read is that you can use a candle and a spell.

"Wait!" I called to the maid. She came back in. "Yes?"

"I need a candle, please."

She smiled and left. She returned with a small, white candle that was alreay lit.

"Thanks," I said, dismissing her. Now I just need a spell.

Okay, gotta think. A spell. It should ryhme and give me what I want. Okay. how about...

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day,

What I want, please don't delay,

he asked for nice,

now make it spice,

a sexy dress,

and don't make a mess.

I whispered the words, thinking of a really cute nightgown I saw once at the mall last time I went. It was red with white fluff on the end, like santa's outfit, but in a girl's dress. It was short and see-through, but came with a matching pair of lacy, white undergarments. It also came with a little santa's hat that made the whole thig look really cute.

I opened my eyes and gasped. It was right there in my lap, exactly how I pictured it.

"Oh my god!!!" I screamed, jumping up. "It worked! It worked!"

"Lilly?" Damon called in. "Everything okay? I thought I felt some-"

He was about to come in so I screamed, "No! Don't come in! I-I'm not dressed!" I lied frantically.

"Awesome." He said, walking in. I hid the dress behind my back. Damon grinned. "What's that?" He asked.

"Nothing! It's nothing, so get out please."

Damon cocked his head to one side. "Is that my present?"

I bit my lip. "Maybe. But it's a surprise, so you have to get out."