Part 26

“What do you want?” A sullen voice snapped through the darkness “I told you not to bother me again.”

“Politeness goes a long way, Severus” a female voice replied “I don’t want to bother you; I told you, I wish to see Lilliana.”

Severus Snape bit back an angry retort as he pulled his wand from inside his robe “Lumos” he muttered and lit up the darkened deserted corridor. “I said no; she doesn’t want to see you, Narcissa.”

“I told you” Narcissa spat back “it’s about Harry Potter!”

“Then you will tell me what it is and I will tell her!”

“It has been made known to me that Lilliana, my daughter, is getting intimate with Harry Potter.”

Severus stared at her and shook his head as his eyes flashed with anger and his lip curled “one” he said so quietly that Narcissa had to strain to hear him “you relinquished your hold on Lilliana the moment you left her on my doorstep; she is not your daughter and two, I know about Harry and Lilly.”

Narcissa stared at him “you are letting them? Severus that is so wrong for more than one reason!”

“List them” Snape snarled

“They’re 12”

‘I was in love at 11’ he thought but said nothing as he let her continue

“Harry Potter is the Dark Lord’s enemy!”

“My daughter is happy” Snape hissed, not bothering to hear any more excuses “and that is all I want; I will not stop her from seeing Potter even if I dislike the boy.” They stared at each other for a moment or two “if that is all then you can leave before I inform Dumbledore that you are here; I am sure he’d like to speak with you about your husband.”

*

I should have felt happy as I lay in bed; last night I was glowing over my defeat of the ‘chess champion’ but I didn’t. It was just after Ron had stormed off...again; Hermione had said how she and her parents used to play games together, it hadn’t bothered me then but now thinking about it I realised that I was jealous. Outside of school Hermione has a perfect life; just her and her parents but me...I was always competing for the attention of my father and I nearly always lost. It depressed me just ever so slightly and I felt inadequate; I shouldn’t have to compete for attention, I should be the first person he thinks about....I should be his only priority but then maybe I was being selfish.

I got up early the next morning and decided to seek out my father who, I know, gets up early...even on weekends. I slipped out of the common room without any problems and hurried through the chilly school to knock on the door of my father’s classroom. I could hear voices inside. I frowned, knocked and waited.

Professor Dumbledore opened the door and beamed at me “good morning Lilliana; you’re up early, breakfast doesn’t start for another half an hour.”

“I know” I muttered “I wanted to speak with my dad...if that’s ok?”

“Certainly, I was just leaving. Have a good day” he nodded at me and then departed.

“Come in” dad told me “and shut the door behind you.”

I nodded and obeyed “I...wanted to talk to you” I muttered

“And I wanted to talk to you; you saved me hauling you away from breakfast.”

“You can go first” I offered

“Narcissa Malfoy visited me...just before Christmas” he watched me carefully “she doesn’t like the idea of you and Potter being as close as you are.”

I frowned “what is it to her? She’s the one who deserted me! I don’t care what she thinks” I muttered and crossed my arms as I leant against a table.

“I told her the exact same” he said quietly “now, what was it you wanted?”

I blinked at him in surprise but decided not to pursue what he had set...yet “do I make you happy?” I asked him “I mean; do you regret taking me in?”

“No” he said quickly as he stared at me; his black eyes offering warmth and comfort rather than the cold, hatred he often showed “never. I know that the time we have together isn’t much and that I’ve probably neglected you but it’s not because I dislike you. Dumbledore often needs my help; it’s time consuming but it is necessary, I hope that if you don’t understand that you will soon.”

I nodded and shrugged “I just...got jealous I guess”

“Jealous?” Dad frowned “of who...what?”

“Hermione Granger. She was talking about how she spends time with her parents playing games and stuff when she’s home...”

“I can make that happen...if that’s what you want” Dad said slowly

“Only if it’s what you want!”

He smiled “your happiness is my one and only concern. I may not show you that very often but it is; now, it’s just gone eight o’clock, go and get yourself some breakfast.”

My mood lifted slightly but not entirely; he had told me basically what I wanted to hear and yet it still wasn’t good enough. I shrugged it off and went to join my friends at the Gryffindor table.

“Why is this not working?” Ron yelled as he prodded his hedgehog with the end of his spellotaped wand. He was meant to be turning it into a pin cushion but hadn’t managed much more than sending red sparks out of the wrong end of his wand and hitting me on the elbow.

“You need a new wand, Ron” I told him as I rubbed my arm.

“I know” he answered tragically “but there is no way I can get one unless I come into some galleons. It had pretty much had it anyway” he prodded it with his index finger and sighed “the unicorn hair was poking out. Why is everything I own rubbish?”

“Don’t worry about it” I patted his arm “if you can’t get another one for next year then I’m sure that we” I gestured at Harry, Hermione and myself “can get you one for your birthday. It would be a good excuse to meet up in Diagon Alley.”

Ron grinned at me “you’d do that?”

“Course we would” Harry and Hermione said, also smiling

Harry smacked Ron’s shoulder playfully “we’re here for you”

“Thanks” Ron nodded as he got up and packed his bag. He suddenly got a faraway look in his eye and then wondered aloud “I wonder what’s for dinner.”

I chuckled and shook my head as I followed him from the room; Ron is always thinking about his stomach.

 Hopefully this part was a little better. I made it a little longer too...let me know what you think.

Comment

Vote

Fan

=)

15 votes and ten comments until next upload xx