Part 27

The school was buzzing; it was finally the morning of the last Quidditch match, the match which would determine who would win the cup.

“Wood thinks that we have the upper hand” Harry told us through a yawn as he picked at his eggs “he thinks that this could be our year.” He smiled happily.

“Maybe wood thinks that because the other team won’t want to go near you, Harry” Ron grinned “being Slytherin’s heir and all that.”

We all burst out laughing, including Harry. “Yeah” he chuckled “that’s what Fred and George think too.”

I watched Harry carefully; the first few months...after Harry had spoken parseltongue, he had been pretty sensitive toward comments like that but now he seemed to laugh at the idea. “How’re you feeling?” I asked him.

“Nervous a little” he admitted “but at least we can laugh at the Slytherin’s when we win the house cup.”

Beside me Hermione let out a little ‘oh’ and then stood up quickly “I think I’ve just realised something” she told us, her eyes wide and then rushed off.

“What was all that about?” I asked as I watched her go

“Dunno” Ron shrugged.

Hermione didn’t rejoin us so we went to save her a seat but when we got down there Professor McGonagall appeared; she looked worried. “Go back to your houses” she told everyone “the match has been cancelled.” She turned toward Harry “Harry, I think you need to come with me; Weasley, Snape you too.” We all looked at each other and frowned but followed Professor McGonagall back into the school and up to the hospital wing. “Brace yourselves” she told us softly “this might come as a shock.” She pulled back a curtain around a bed to reveal a thoroughly petrified Hermione

“What are we going to do without Hermione?” I asked the boys as we stared hopelessly into the fire “we need her!”

“We need to see Hagrid” Harry said “he might know something about all this.” He shot a look at Ron who nodded.

“What?” I asked suspiciously eyeing them both

“Uhm...” Ron grimaced “Harry found a diary and it kinda told him that Hagrid opened the chamber”

“And when were you planning on telling me this?” I glared at them both. I started to feel the same insecurity I had felt in my first year when I felt that I was being left out.

“A few days ago; we would have gone before now but Wood was making us train really hard”

“Ugh” I scoffed and refused to look at them as I stood up and I made toward the portrait hole.

“Hey, where are you going?” Harry called after me

“To see Hagrid...I’d like to be involved with this at some point.” I snapped