Part 2

11 o’clock couldn’t come around quick enough for me, I was so excited that I couldn’t stand still. It was 10 to by the time I actually realised that I didn’t know where I was going. ‘Ah no…’ I grumbled as I smashed my head against the wall ‘uh dad?’ I wondered into the kitchen where dad was sipping coffee ‘do you know where the Weasley’s live? I forgot to ask’

He sighed and set his cup down and then produced two letters from his cloak ‘I am quite certain that one of these is from Weasley’ he handed them over and watched me as I opened them. He was right one was from Ron and one was from Hermione.

‘Thanks’ I muttered as I read Ron’s:

Lilly, that is so cool that your dad actually said yes! I must admit that I am in fact very impressed. 11 is fine, my house is called ‘The Burrow’ so just shout that into the fire and you should arrive at mine without any problems.

See you soon

Ron

Hermione’s basically said the same thing

Your dad actually said yes? Wow, Ron and I were amazed because he thought that he might have to rescue you as well, though I’m sure that your dad would probably would have dropped by to take you back…especially if he said no. We still haven’t heard from Harry, I do hope nothing is wrong but from what I have heard about his aunt and uncle, I wouldn’t be surprised if they shut him back in that cupboard. Anyway, he will be with us by the end of the week so he can tell us all about it then. Ron’s house is called ‘The Burrow’ I can’t wait to see you!

Hermione

‘It’s ok’ I told dad who had gone back to sipping coffee ‘both Ron and Hermione told me what the house is called’

‘Great’ he growled

I frowned at him ‘what is wrong with you?’

‘Nothing is wrong with me, now go before you are late’

‘Are you going to come and see me off?’

‘Now why on earth would I do that?’

I glowered at him ‘oh, I don’t know. Maybe because you are my dad?’

‘Don’t be stupid’

‘You know, I really thought you had changed. Dumbledore told me what he said to you and to be honest you are still a jerk to me! You don’t care at all do you? I could leave today and never return and I bet you wouldn’t even notice!’

‘Oh yeah?’ He set his cup down and stood, he towered above me like a giant bat ‘where would you go?’

‘To my parents’ I hissed

‘Well good riddance! Ever since you have had that Potter for company you have been nothing but rude and insolent!’

‘HIS NAME IS HARRY’ I roared and then before he could explode and change his mind, I went into the sitting room where my trunk was waiting and threw some floo powder into the fire. I turned to see dad in the doorway, watching me. ‘Good riddance’ I hissed at him ‘I hope that I never return!’

‘That would be good for me!’ Dad shouted back ‘I have done nothing but good to you!’

‘What ever dad’ I turned back to the fire and stepped into its warm, green flames, dragging my trunk with me. I shouted ‘The Burrow!’ and span out of sight.

Severus watched his daughter spin out of sight, he was battling with anger and frustration and he knew that the child was right. He went through to his study and started to write her a letter:

Lilliana

You are right and I am sorry. I took you in all those years ago, not because I felt sorry for you as I so often said but because I didn’t have the heart to turn you away and I still don’t now, you are welcome here always and I am so sorry that I don’t treat you as I should. I have a hard time trying to deal with it. Lilliana, I do love you and I urge that you never question that fact. I will try harder with you in the future, I will see you at Hogwarts and I hope that you have a good time with your friends.

With love

Severus Snape

Dad

He stared at the letter for a moment before shoving it into an envelope and calling Colin so he could tie it to his leg. He stroked the bird affectionately for a moment before saying ‘The Burrow’ and with that the bird took off out of the open window.