Part 10

“I was thinking of maybe catching my dad after dinner” I said to Harry and Ron, Hermione had gone off to the library with Ginny because apparently Lockhart was doing a re-enactment of ‘voyages with vampires’

“What do you think he will say?” Harry asked

I shrugged “it really depends on what mood he is in” I looked up at the staff table and saw dad having a conversation with Dumbledore. He must have sensed me looking at him because he turned and stared at me. He tapped his watch and raised his eyebrows at me and then went back to talking to Dumbledore.

“What…” Harry frowned at me and then we both looked at Ron who was shovelling Yorkshires into his mouth

“Maybe he wants to talk to me?” I sighed as I poured gravy over my lamb

“Maybe”

I accidentally bumped into him as we walked out of the great hall, he was waiting in the entrance hall “follow me please”

I looked at Harry and Ron who just shrugged “see you later” I told them and followed dad toward his office.

“I heard you are on the Gryffindor Quidditch team” he said as he took a seat behind his desk

“You heard correctly”

“Well, I suppose I should say well done though I don’t know how you did it.”

I frowned “what?”

“I never let you near a broom”

“So what? Harry hadn’t touched a broom and he was made seeker in our first year”

“Yes” Snape said quietly “mistakes can happen”

I glared at him “if you just called me in here to insult Harry then you are wasting your time and incidentally Harry is the best seeker that we have had for ages”

Dad growled at me and then sighed “fine”

“So can I go now?”

“No”

“Then what do you want?”

“Don’t be late for breakfast tomorrow, now you may leave”

I just stared at him “what…”

“Leave please, I am very busy”

“Yeah” I muttered “as always”

“So” Harry asked once I rejoined them “what did he want?”

I flopped down in the spare armchair and sighed “to tell me not to be late for breakfast tomorrow”

“What?”

“exactly”

“Bummer” said Ron