Part 1

Disclaimer: I DO NOT own any names of places, spells, animals, people or what ever else that appears in J.K Rowling’s books. I DO NOT take credit for any of these names and WILL NOT try to claim them as my own. The only thing I do claim, which is why this is copyrighted is the story in which I have woven in to Harry Potters fictional life.

I was lying in the bathtub with my homework. I have to write an essay for Flitwick and it has to be 2000 words. Something about the advantages and disadvantages of charms and countercharms. I sucked my quill, I have ten words left to write…‘and that is why a countercharm is useful to the person who is conducting a charm.’ I read and reread my essay before shrugging and putting it to one side. I reached over the side of the bath and grabbed my potions essay, I have finished it already but as the potions master is my father I had better make sure that it is grading material.

A voice from the hallway made me jump slightly ‘I’m in the bathroom’ I called to dad

Dad appeared in the doorway looking sullen ‘what are you doing in here?’ he asked me

‘Homework’

He frowned at me and then handed me two letters ‘these came for you.’ And then left

The first letter was from Ron, it said:

Well howdy do? Having a good time? I hope your dad isn’t giving you a hard time, anyway mum said that if it’s ok with your dad, you can stay for the rest of the holidays. Hermione is coming tomorrow and I have written to Harry. If he doesn’t reply by the end of the week then Fred and George are going to help me rescue him from the muggles. Hope to get your reply soon.

Ron

Ps, it is Harry’s birthday tomorrow, just thought I would remind you

The second was from Hermione:

Hey Lil, how are you enjoying the holidays? My parents and I have been to France, it was really interesting. Did you go away anywhere? I don’t expect you did…anyway, I’m going to Ron’s tomorrow for the rest of the holidays, are you coming too? I think Harry will come as well but neither Ron nor I have heard from him since we left Kings Cross, have you? Well, Ron said that if Harry doesn’t reply by the end of the week, he, George and Fred are going to go and get him. I hope they don’t do anything that breaks the law…

Hope to see you soon,

Hermione

Ps, it’s Harry’s birthday tomorrow. I brought him a broom polishing kit. I had to wait until I was back in England to send it just in case they checked it at customs. What did you get him?

I smiled at the letters and shook my head. Those two have been reminding me of Harry’s birthday since we left school. I brought him a new shirt and some new trousers because his clothes seem really big on him. I stowed the letters inside my jeans pocket and climbed out of the bath. I dumped my stuff back in my room and went to ask dad if I could stay at Ron’s for the rest of the holidays. I wasn’t really expecting much but I guess he could surprise me.

I wandered into the sitting room where he was sitting with a glass of fire whisky and the newspaper and sat down on the lumpy couch that faced the fire which was blazing in its grate. ‘Hey…dad?’

‘Yes?’

‘Ron invited me to stay at his…for the rest of the summer…’

‘And?’ He didn’t even look up from his newspaper, that is how interested he is…

‘Can I?’

‘Can you what?’

‘Can I stay?’

‘Who is going?’

‘Hermione and maybe Harry’

‘Granger and Potter…’ he set down his glass and his newspaper and stared at me with blazing eyes…was that concern I could see in his face?

‘Hermione and Harry, yes’

Dad sighed and actually considered this ‘I suppose that it would be ok…’

‘But I…wait, what?’ I was so sure that he was going to say no that I had my argument ready but he took me by surprise

‘Yes, you may go’

I gawked at him and then flung myself onto his lap ‘thank you!’

‘Yes, yes, ok’ he patted my back awkwardly and then tried to push me away ‘you can use the fire’

‘He is expecting me tomorrow’

‘Then you may use the fire tomorrow then’

I kissed him happily and then ran up to my room to write back to Ron and Hermione

Ron, dad said yes! I can hardly believe it, he said that I can use the fireplace so I will be arriving by floo tomorrow at about 11 (am). I haven’t heard from Harry either, do you think something is wrong? I hope not. Of course I remembered his birthday, I sent him some clothes and a massive chocolate cake.

See you tomorrow

Lil

I wrote up the same for Hermione and then sent them off using my owl (Amoretto) and dad’s owl (Colin…dad hadn’t named him so I did) and then went to pack my suitcase.