Part 17

Ok, you probably all have noticed that I have gotten a few facts wrong...but hey...I only just noticed and I can't be bothered to rectify the mistakes because if I am honest it will just confuse me so just bare with me...as long as the plot kinda stays the same it doesn't matter if a few things are in the wrong order...right?

...*...

We wandered down to the dungeons trying to ignore the delicious smell of the food that was wafting out of the great hall.

“Why are we doing this again?” Ron grumbled as the sound of music caught our ears

“Because Nick asked us to” Hermione frowned at him “stop moaning Ronald” Ron clutched at his stomach as it grumbled hungrily but said no more.

I wrapped my arms around myself as we ventured deeper “it’s so cold” I shivered and watched mist issue from my mouth.

“Ah, Harry, you came!” Nearly headless Nick beamed at him and then he saw us “and you brought friends! Come” he waved his arm at us to follow him “come this way, the party is through here”

We entered the chamber and blinked at the sight that was before us. Hundreds of ghosts were floating around the room chatting and mingling with each other. Even the mysterious bloody baron was there floating mournfully around.

“Well go ahead and have fun” Nick told us and then floated away to talk to a peculiar looking ghost with a knife sticking out of his head.

We wondered over to the food table but stepped back when the smell hit us. “Well what good is all this?” Ron moaned “it’s all mouldy!”

“Of course it is” the fat friar told us as he floated passed “it has to be strong for us to be able to taste it” he then opened his mouth and glided through a very ripe lump of cheese “but it still doesn’t compare to the real thing.” He then sighed and said “well don’t be shy, try it. I’m sure it tastes as good as it smells”

Somehow we all got split up and somehow I managed to get chatting to a vibrant witch called Gerdy the Glum…ironic.

“My mother used to tell me ‘don’t put your finger up your nose, you might loose it one day!’ and I did!” She showed me her hand which had a finger missing from it but she had such a high pitched voice that I had to cover my ears every time she spoke but that still didn’t stop me from getting a headache.

“Harry!” I pulled Harry from the crowd and whispered “can we leave please

“Yeah” he nodded and we went to find Ron and Hermione.

“Well that is two hours of my life I am never getting back” Ron groaned as we made our way back through the dungeons

“Oh stop moaning Ronald!” Hermione snapped “it wasn’t that bad I…”

Harry had stopped and he was listening intently “did you hear that?”

“Hear what?” I frowned

“That voice”

“What voice? Harry there isn’t a…”

“It’s going to kill again!” Harry shouted in panic and he shot off with me, Ron and Hermione panting along behind him.

“Harry!” Ron called after about five minutes “slow down!”

But Harry had stopped and he was staring at something. We all joined him and gasped as we caught sight of Penelope Clearwater laying on the ground as solid as a rock.

“Oh no” Hermione gasped “we need to…”

But the feast was over and the chattering of students became louder.

Professor Dumbledore appeared shortly after and studied Penelope carefully “Take her down to the hospital wing” he told McGonagall and a tall seventh year boy and then after he had sent the other students away he turned to us “what happened?”

“Professor” Harry spluttered “I swear it wasn’t us”

Snape turned up and eyed me before saying “if you don’t mind me saying Dumbledore, that these students were just in the wrong place at the wrong time however, I don’t remember seeing Potter, Weasley or Granger at dinner”

“We were at the feast” I glared at him “if you don’t believe us go down there and ask”

“I do not believe that it was any of you” Dumbledore said “get back to your dormitories and stay there until morning. Severus, gather up the staff and tell them to meet me in my office” he then turned on his heel and walked away.