Part 18

I noticed over the next few days that Ginny seemed a bit down, I just linked it to the Harry thing but after about a week, when I caught Fred and George making jokes about Mrs Norris which made Ginny cry, I tried to talk to her but she just ran off.

“Filch is a squib you know” Harry told us on our way to Herbology

“Really?” Ron grinned “that explains a lot!”

“Like what?” I asked warily though I wasn’t really listening

“Like why he is so bitter towards us…he’s jealous!”

“I don’t think so” I muttered and ignored their looks as I continued to think.

What is wrong with Ginny? Is it the Harry thing or is it something else? Maybe she’s homesick…that would make sense I guess but why did she run away when I tried to talk to her? That again is probably linked to the Harry thing but…I sighed absently and shook my head “I don’t know” I said out loud by accident

“No” Harry frowned “I don’t either”

Had I just answered a question? What was the question? “Uhm…what don’t you know?” I asked Harry

He looked at me and frowned “you ok?”

“Uhm…yeah…why?”

“You just look as though you aren’t…well…aren’t here”

I looked around “I think I am here”

“No, I mean that your mind seems to be else where”

“Oh…”

“What are you thinking about?”

“Oh…nothing” Hermione caught my eye and frowned as she mouthed ‘you ok?’ at me

‘Later’ I mouthed back

We had to re-pot the mandrakes again because they were getting too big for the pots that they were in at that time. They were spotty, restless and annoying and even though Professor Sprout says that it is a good thing, I have to beg to differ.

I was going to speak to Hermione about Ginny after dinner but dad decided to drag me out of the hall halfway through eating my apple pie.

“What are you doing?” I growled at him

“I want to know where Potter really was that night.”

I rolled my eyes “for the last time, his name is Harry, not Potter and we were at nearly headless Nicks deathday party…just like we said…or don’t you trust me now?”

He sighed and stared at me “and that’s the truth?”

I held my hand up like they do in court when they swear to the bible and said “the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Are we done now?”

“Yes” and he stalked off back to the dungeons.

Severus Snape hadn’t seen Narcissa Malfoy for nearly a year but she dropped by late one night…uninvited.

“Severus”

Severus jumped, he wasn’t expecting company and the fact that he was laying in bed in just a pair of boxers didn’t stop the woman who was standing in his doorway from entering his chambers. “Narcissa” he hissed as he covered himself up with his sheets “I already told you that I want nothing more to do with you, socially, physically or sexually. I did not invite you in here and I most certainly was not planning on inviting you in, please leave.”

“No” she walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge “Severus, I am a little offended that you now think of me as a common slut and only expect me to turn up when I want a little bit of sexual attention. No” she shook her head “I want to speak to my daughter”

Severus looked up at her “she does not want to see you, she made that clear last year”

“This isn’t about what she wants” Narcissa hissed “this isn’t even about what you or I want Severus. I need to speak with her”

“Why?”

“It’s about Harry Potter”

“Wait for me out there” Severus told her looking annoyed and watched her leave before getting out of bed and slipping on his robes and going to join her. 

...*...

Sorry that it isn't a long one guys but I now have 5 fanfics to upload XD I know it's my own fault and call me a geek but I really love it =) don't forget to comment and vote xox