Chapter 2: Boss?

"You're up!" someone said out of sans' vision.

"Ugh... my head. Am i at ho-" he stopped when he saw the person who talked first.

"B-boss!" he stuttered to the skeleton that looked like his brother, only wearing an orange hoodie and shorts. "I-i'm sorry for running off l-like that! P-please d-" "Hold on, hold on... boss? Wait... let's start over. Hi. i'm papyrus. I found you almost freezing to death in front of our house. who are you?"

"Uh... b-boss... uh..." he figured it was best not to get beat more since he was already in enough trouble. "I'll play along... i'm s-sans. Younger brother to th-the great and t-terrible papyrus, h-head of the r-royal guard... you should kn-know that though..."

Papyrus shrugged."i wouldn't have asked ya if i knew. How's your head?"

Sans reached up to where he felt the pain and winced as it started up a headache.

"Shit. ugh... it's f-fine bo- er... papyrus...who are you? You're not my brother obviously. If you were, i'd be in my room by now getting..." he stopped himself.

"Well... i already said i'm papyrus, but since that's your brother, you can call me whatever. My brother is away for a while, but he'll be back in a week or so."

"Where is he?"

Sans flinched when papyrus turned to face him.

"He's currently having an anime marathon with Doctor Undyne."

"Doctor Undyne? But isn't undyne a part of the royal guard?"

Papyrus just laughed. "I almost forgot. You're probably confused, so i'll explain. You are from a different timeline also known as an alternate universe. At least, it would explain why you mistook me for your boss and i mistook you for my brother when i first saw you."

"Uhh... alternate... timeline?"

Papyrus nodded "yeah. You're probably tired, so go ahead and sleep."

Papyrus walked up to his room and watched the small skeleton on the couch snuggle under the blanket he'd put over sans before going to his room and going to sleep.